How long have you had to wait for a job offer?Register Today!
- by citylights89 Nov 14, '12More specifically, one for a GN internship. I finished the whole interview process almost 2 weeks ago and I'm getting nervous. The program is supposed to start in Jan. Does it really take this long or can I safely say "I didn't get it"?
- Nov 15, '12 by StudentNurseCJVI'm pretty much on the same boat as you. In the meantime, what can we do other than keep applying and be patient?
- Nov 15, '12 by moncj66Keep applying but I would call and ask about your status. They will usually give u some kind of update! Good luck
- Nov 15, '12 by delilasMy longest was 7 weeks. I checked in with the recruiter every week or so, and was sure they were pulling my leg about "waiting on the background check" but it all came through in the end.
Don't wait too long; check in. Even if it's bad news, at least you'll know where you stand.
- Nov 15, '12 by StudentNurseCJVQuote from delilasWhy do u think they take so much time? And any tips on how to go about asking for an update? Email or phone call?My longest was 7 weeks. I checked in with the recruiter every week or so, and was sure they were pulling my leg about "waiting on the background check" but it all came through in the end. Don't wait too long; check in. Even if it's bad news, at least you'll know where you stand.
- Nov 16, '12 by citylights89I ended up calling yesterday and was told by somebody in HR that they are interviewing so many people that it may take awhile. The program doesn't start until Jan and I was told that I should know something by Dec or something like that. "Just try to be patient", they said. Goodness, I'll try.
In the meantime, I do have an interview for another hospital the week after Thanksgiving for another internship and meeting with some more people for an internship at yet another hospital next week. I have to keep my options open.
- Nov 23, '12 by citylights89Still haven't heard anything. Should I email/call the nurse recruiter or unit manager I interviewed with?
- Nov 23, '12 by Jenn1229I would send an email just to check on the status.