Teaching Evaluation ToolRegister Today!
- by sparkplug Sep 15, '05I am not sure if any one can help me but here is the quest, I am finishing up my BSN, this is my last course. I need to obtain a copy of a tool that is used to evaluate teaching in a higher education setting. Not having much luck. I have emailed my local schools with no response. I am doing an internet search and am still having trouble, any help appreciated.
- 19,739 Views
- Sep 16, '05 by VickyRNQuote from sparkplugI have attached a form used to evaluate fledgling nurse educators in our teaching practicum course. Hope this helpsI am not sure if any one can help me but here is the quest, I am finishing up my BSN, this is my last course. I need to obtain a copy of a tool that is used to evaluate teaching in a higher education setting. Not having much luck. I have emailed my local schools with no response. I am doing an internet search and am still having trouble, any help appreciated.Last edit by VickyRN on Oct 16, '07
- Dec 3, '06 by barb4575I realize that this is an older post, but wanted to share something here. While in my graduate program for my MSN, I wanted to do research on instrument development. I can say that I was discouraged from doing my thesis in this area as there was only one expert in that city...not town, city. This was in 92 and I don't think there are many more nurse scientists who are an expert in this area now. The sad part is that we have so many nurse educators and the evaluation tools being utilized may not be supported by research. Often times, we utilize check off lists from texts and we assume that it is based on research; if you have ever studied some of those major theorists/authors who write Fundamentals texts, they don't appear to be research-based. Any comments or information would be appreciated as this is a very strong interest of mine.
I developed my own clinical evaluation and faculty evaluation tools. Some are good and some are not...all are based on current literature though.
I am printing what Vicky has provided here.
Thank you in advance,
- Feb 19, '08 by Gerly061007where can i FIND a reliable article regarding CLINICAL teaching or NURSING EDUCATION? i need it for my research study. thanks! recommendations will be greatly appreciated. you may post here or via private message. thanks!
Quote from Susan PattersonVickie,
Thank you forthis tool, where did it come from? I too am in my last course for my BSN and these are impossible to find, and for some reason aren't willing shared usually. Again thank you.:angel2:Last edit by sirI on Feb 19, '08 : Reason: please do not post your personal contact information - members can contact you via private message
- Mar 28, '09 by kruss003I have been searching for a clinical teaching evaluation tool! Thank you so much- do you have a citation for this so I can credit it appropriately?