- by pamearls Apr 24, '12I was wondering if any one is using the Prep-U for Taylor, Fundamentals? If so, how are you using it in your curriculum?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=701698©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,075 Views
- Apr 24, '12 by RachRN-NCI'm not an educator but we used it our last 2 trimesters of school. The first trimester we were required to reach a mastery level of 6 on each category (I can't remember what they were but you could take quizzes by category or subject). The second trimester we were required to reach a mastery level of 6 on each subject (Cardiac, GI, etc). It was incredibly time consuming, especially with research and preceptor at the end of the program, but I think it helped me pass NCLEX. I used it after I graduated to study and found the format of the questions were very similar to NCLEX questions. It is a lot of extra work, but from a previous student's viewpoint- it was very helpful! Comparing to ATI, it is SO much better. The explanation is much more in-depth so you actually understand why you missed a question.
- Apr 24, '12 by pamearlsThank you for responding. It sounds like a really great way to prepare for NCLEX!!
- Apr 25, '12 by Annieb2I just started utilizing PREP-U in our curriculum. It is a fantastic tool for NCLEX questions and an effective way to engage the class into critical thinking as a group. I also have the students take quizzes prior to lecture to make sure they have an understanding of the literature prior to class, so classtime can be used for group discussion with presentation, case studies or some other form of active learning. PREP-U is useful for faculty to see where the students level of understanding the chapter content. Great tool!
- Apr 26, '12 by prof joeI used it for Pharmacology and found a glitch in the system. The students login time was very delayed and sometimes did not show that they did an assignment. I found the questions and test bank to be very helpful in generating fresh questions for the quizzes and exams.
- Dec 14, '12 by bookman34Quote from pamearlsWe have just begun using Prep U in Med/Surg Nursing. I love the product as noted above for its question format and rationale and do believe it is superior to ATI, BUT, big but, we have not had a class graduate as of yet to effectively evaluate it against ATI. Our students have done well on the boards with ATI, and the first Prep U class will be taking the boards in the spring. If you are considering the change I would wait until there is more data on Board Success.I was wondering if any one is using the Prep-U for Taylor, Fundamentals? If so, how are you using it in your curriculum?