Charge Nurse ProgramRegister Today!
- by CoreyRNeducator Jan 31, '06Hello all,
I am putting together a charge nurse program and can't really find anything very useful out on the web or in my books. Do any of you have a power point presentation that I can "borrow" from? I really don't want to reinvent the wheel :uhoh21:
Any information would be good - I have only been in the position of nurse educator for about 7 months and have already had to create 3 new programs from scratch. Starting to get carpal tunnel syndrom.
- Jan 31, '06 by sirIWhat are you wanting to include in the "Charge Nurse" program, Corey?
- Jan 31, '06 by CoreyRNeducatorGeneral information about roles and responsibilities of a charge nurse. We are a critical access hospital and the charge nurse might be the only "administrative" person on staff. I have all the stuff I want to include for our hospital specifics so I guess I am just looking for general stuff.
- Jan 31, '06 by sirIQuote from CoreyRNeducatorI see. Very similar to the rural health rules/regs in that aspect.General information about roles and responsibilities of a charge nurse. We are a critical access hospital and the charge nurse might be the only "administrative" person on staff. I have all the stuff I want to include for our hospital specifics so I guess I am just looking for general stuff.
Have you links to any other Critical Access hospitals? Anyone associated with that type of hospital?
I know when I set up a rural health clinic, I normally utilize what the state health guidelines and federal stipulations are. I feel fairly certain you can find the same thing for your state for that type of entity.
- Mar 7, '07 by chargehello i am stafe nurse 1 working in ER iam applling for ajob of charge nurse i have interview next wendesday iam asking help regarding the interview and how i can answer the question in the interview
- Mar 8, '07 by CoreyRNeducatorHi,
Without knowing the questions they are going to ask I would be at a loss as how to help. They will probably ask you questions about staffing, response to a crisis, what to do if..., how to handle confilct and things like this. Charge is more about being able to deal with crisis and conflict management and a bit about management depending on the size of the facility. Good luck and hope it goes well.