ATI Exit ExamRegister Today!
This is a discussion on ATI Exit Exam in Nursing Educators / Faculty, part of Nursing Specialties ... Good Evening Nurse Educators, I am a Sr nursing student preparing to take my ATI exit exam. Can...by UjonesRN Dec 30, '08Good Evening Nurse Educators,
I am a Sr nursing student preparing to take my ATI exit exam. Can anyone tell me the best way to be sucessful on this exam? Read the series of books, watch the dvd's, do nclex questions??? Please Help me .
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=358746©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 9,241 Views
- Dec 30, '08 by Freedom42New grad here. If you're talking about the ATI comprehensive RN predictor, I recently took it. I did not prepare for it, nor did any of my classmates. Most folks scored in the high 90s (meaning a 90 percent or better chance of passing the NCLEX on the first try). Passing this exam was not a condition of graduating from our university.
I mention the high scores because our faculty told us they did not consider the ATI an effective predictor of NCLEX success; unlike the NCLEX, the ATI we took was not a computer-adaptive test. My understanding is that ATI has merged with ERI, and that the exam offered by ERI in the coming year will be a CAT.
- Jan 1, '09 by GoodoldnurseAh my little ones!! The ATI Exit Exam is an excellent predictor of NCLEX! The one student that had to retake has to also retake the NCLEX-RN. You should study the same way you would for the NCLEX. If you do well, you have a good chance to pass the NCLEX-RN the first time!
- Jan 1, '09 by Freedom42Thanks, Goodoldnurse. Any suggestion on how much time I should spend studying? My ATI score was 96. I've spent about five days so far studying, and I have about 1,000 questions under my belt. If I submit paperwork to the state BON now, I'll get an ATT within 24 hours. I was aiming for late January, but now I'm thinking I should just do it now while I'm fresh and not sick of studying. Any thoughts?
- Jan 3, '09 by GoodoldnurseI would suggest you go ahead and submit your paperwork as soon as possible. You should still have access to the ATI practice exams and NCLEX-RN exam CDs. Time yourself and do about 1-2 hours a day until 2 days before the exam. Then do nothing! Rest and relax! The more relaxed you feel with computer exam questions, the better you will do!!
Blessings and positive thoughts be yours!
- Jan 3, '09 by RNhbaggenstossI agree with goodoldnurse, I found the hardest part of the exam was dealing with mental fatigue. So it is a good idea to do the 1-2 hour straight to get yourself ready.
- Jan 3, '09 by Freedom42Thank you both. I needed to read that. I graduated the week before Christmas, and since the holiday I've been doing about five hours a day (some anxiety there, but it's also a great way to avoid cleaning house). I come out at between 76 and 81 percent correct on the Prentice-Hall practice CD. I worry that's cutting it too close, but then, no one nursing program teaches everything that's on that exam. At the same time, I study too much, I start getting sloppy on tests because of mental fatigue.
Time to take the plunge, I think. I'll apply for an ATT on Monday, do the Hurst review next week, spend a few days on my own, and then... Yikes.
- Feb 20, '09 by KAYBDT6Do appreciate all people comment abt the AIT test. My own problem is how to go abt the test or maybe my confidence is not strong enough. Have been so worry abt the test cuz my school change the test to ATI. I plan ordering for the online practise test on ATI, but will that work with the ATI study guide. My last chance is april. pls do advise. Is the test format exactly like the online practise assessment? I mean 5question per page.
- May 9, '09 by KAYBDT6Quote from KAYBDT6Took my test with predictor 96% of passing NCLEX.Do appreciate all people comment abt the AIT test. My own problem is how to go abt the test or maybe my confidence is not strong enough. Have been so worry abt the test cuz my school change the test to ATI. I plan ordering for the online practise test on ATI, but will that work with the ATI study guide. My last chance is april. pls do advise. Is the test format exactly like the online practise assessment? I mean 5question per page.
- May 9, '09 by GoodoldnurseCongrats!!!