Types of Nursing Careers - page 2
by Mona Mona | 736,615 Views | 64 Comments
Agency - Agency Nursing is essentially where a nurse will register or sign up with an agency or similar group and tell them what hours they are available to work. The nurses are then contacted and offered work on a shift to shift... Read More
- 1Dec 31, '05 by jesalathanks for the info list! i'm an old nursing student (changed careers after our children left home and started school part-time in late 40's), am in my last semester for asn, and have no idea of any particular area of nursing i want to get into.
one piece of advice to any "youngster" reading this--go to school when you're young!!
- 0Jan 7, '06 by mona b RNI currently am on the waiting list for my local community college's ADN program. I am taking my pre-required classes in the meantime. Nursing is a second career for me, and I still don't know "exactly" what kind of nursing I want to do. I have been looking for a list like this for a long time. I hope it will help others out also.
- 0Jan 11, '06 by mom and nurseHey don't forget about Rehabilitation Nurses. Caring for the newly disabled...helping patients to go on with their lives (victims of Motor Vehicle Accidents, strokes, spinal cord injuries, gunshot wounds, etc). We work as a team with Occupational, Speech, Physical Therapists and Physiatrists (Doctors of physical medicine) (www.rehabnurse.org)
mom and nurse
- 1Mar 27, '06 by Nurse AllBettaI work for a nursing/allied health school and this is what we have copied and put out for the students: http://www.nursingspectrum.com/Stude...eersInNursing/
- 0Apr 18, '06 by nawlpnQuote from Nurse AllBettaThanks! this gave me some ideas on where to go next with my life.I work for a nursing/allied health school and this is what we have copied and put out for the students: http://www.nursingspectrum.com/Stude...eersInNursing/