Types of Nursing Careers - VERY HELPFUL - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 31, '05 by jesalathanks for the info list! i'm an old nursing student (changed careers after our children left home and started school part-time in late 40's), am in my last semester for asn, and have no idea of any particular area of nursing i want to get into.
one piece of advice to any "youngster" reading this--go to school when you're young!!
- Jan 4, '06 by leslie :-Dand don't forget about Hospice Nursing- caring for the dying.
- Jan 7, '06 by mona b RNI currently am on the waiting list for my local community college's ADN program. I am taking my pre-required classes in the meantime. Nursing is a second career for me, and I still don't know "exactly" what kind of nursing I want to do. I have been looking for a list like this for a long time. I hope it will help others out also.
- Jan 11, '06 by mom and nurseHey don't forget about Rehabilitation Nurses. Caring for the newly disabled...helping patients to go on with their lives (victims of Motor Vehicle Accidents, strokes, spinal cord injuries, gunshot wounds, etc). We work as a team with Occupational, Speech, Physical Therapists and Physiatrists (Doctors of physical medicine) (www.rehabnurse.org)
mom and nurse
- Jan 26, '06 by winchaYou can also add telephone triage and disease management(per telephone)
- Feb 19, '06 by Juliawp84I loved this thread, it was just what I was looking for, thank you so much for taking the time to find and post the different types of nursing carreers.
- Feb 26, '06 by NYCRN05OMG!!! This is exactly what I need! Just yesterday I was thinking about a career in Research nursing but wasn't sure how to go about it. Your are AWESOME for taking the time to do this. God Bless You!!!!!!
- Mar 27, '06 by Nurse AllBetta
- Apr 18, '06 by nawlpnQuote from Nurse AllBettaThanks! this gave me some ideas on where to go next with my life.
- May 22, '06 by expatnurseThanks for the websites. This will help guide me in my future nursing practice