I have an interview with an LTC for a position as a Training and Development Coordinator near Detroit. I'm a pretty good interviewee and have been interviewer side of things for a physician practice, but I have no idea what amount of salary I should ask for this type of position. I am an LPN and have no LTC experience, but I am a department supervisor at a large physician practice. I handle training out all our employees, so the two positions share many responsibilities. I was thinking of putting this in the LTC section as well.
Here are some of the posted duties of the position.
- Review completed nursing (direct care) candidate interview packets, containing application, resume and Profile results, provided by the Business Office Coordinator. Arrange nursing (direct care) candidate interviews by coordinating Leadership Team Member's schedules.
- Assist with interviewing of prospective nursing (direct care) candidates as directed by RSD.
- Organize and facilitate New Associate Orientation utilizing Elmcroft's New Associate Orientation schedule to ensure training compliance for all new and rehired associates.
- Participate in new hire orientation by presenting Resident Services material as outlined in the New Associate Orientation schedule.
- On-board new and rehired nursing (direct care) associates and administer Elmcroft's Mentor Program for the nursing department.
- Conduct or coordinate new and rehired nursing (direct care) associate job training and CPR training.
- Maintain training and in-service records on all nursing (direct care) associates.
- Plan, organize and direct Resident Services related monthly in-service programs in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the community.
- Direct and/or supervise scheduling of nursing (direct care) associates at the community.
- Review complaints and grievances regarding work schedules & staffing and report as necessary to the RSD.
- Communicate cooperatively with Leadership to address staffing concerns and/or necessary adjustments in the nursing department.
- Participate in the "on-call' program as directed by the RSD.
- Perform other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft Senior Living and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.