RN-Philippines (NICU 2yrs), next stop Texas :)Register Today!
- by yohanmarie Jul 1, '12hello everybody
i need your help. maybe opinions .. little history first. lol
you see, i graduated year 2008. been working as a staff nurse in the hospital for 3yrs already. 2 amazing years in nicu and still currently employed but had to transfer to other floor.
i am leaving for texas late this year or early next year. planning to process all my papers before i leave, and might review in a good review center here. but the state that i chose where i will take my exam is in ca not tx ( since tx has tons of requirements including ces). i'll just have it endorsed to tx by the time i pass the test.
now here's the thing
> where do you think should i get my nclex exam, here in the philippines or in ca?
just need opinions
thank you so much.
- Jul 1, '12 by Silverdragon102Do you have immigrant visa for US or are you a USC? If you have a US SSN you can submit application to CA however couple of things come to mind. First is CA will not accept application without US SSN and there are many cases where applications are refused due to cases not being concurrent with theory. Check advice on immigration forum under the world tab above. Secondly you will still have to meet the same requirements with Texas when endorsing because you trained outside the US so probably better to apply there. If you do not already have immigrant visa for the US then be aware of retrogression and the many years wait for visa
- Jul 1, '12 by yohanmarieHi! I hold a k1 visa (fiance) my fiance is a citizen, Last night i was busy thinking over and over about my application to texas or Ca . I guess this is final, i and my fiance decided to take my nclex in texas.since i have a local license and already have an experience as a registered/staff nurse. Question is , how do i apply for ces? Do i have to print 1st all the checklist and then pay? Im sorry im so lost with the CES thing. Thank you so much
- Jul 2, '12 by yohanmarieThanks! If i may ask, are you a nurse also? In TX?
- Jul 2, '12 by Silverdragon102I am a nurse but in Canada. Did have a job in Phoenix but got caught up with retrogression. I have done CES but was several years ago and I think now it is all done online but check the CGFNS website out
- Jul 2, '12 by yohanmarieThank you