- by SCB Jan 22, '03I would never recommend nursing to anyone. I am tired of the stupid games, and nasty personalities. Nurses are abusive to one another. I've been a nurse for 12 years, 10 years at my first job, and 9 months at my second. The thought of working as a nurse again makes me want to vomit.
The only thing I ever liked about nursing was the patients. They were nice, and I really enjoyed caring for them.
- 967 Views
- Jan 23, '03 by renerianSusan I am sorry you did not like nursing. What are you doing now in your career life? I am in sales of incontinent supplies. I love it!
- Jan 23, '03 by DIPLOMATICRN4HIRELearned a long time ago.... You project what you feel...
If you have to make yourself go to work everyday and you would rather have your eyeballs ripped out then, Hon change jobs.
- Jan 23, '03 by fergus51Definitely! The meanest nurses are the unhappy ones. I LOVE nursing, despite the politics. Can't imagine doing anything else.
- Jan 25, '03 by CJStudentYikes!
I have seen the way it is out there, and already I know I never want to be a floor nurse- I agree, the patients are great- it's the rest of the games and politics that sucks...all of my classmates don't understand why I feel that way that I do- they can't wait to get out there and start working. I tell them that I will go crazy if I have to do that kind of nursing.
I'm hoping to find some kind of independent work or something in the community so that I'm not stuck in a hospital all day playing games. Wish me luck.
- Jan 26, '03 by renerianSBC what are your feelings now?"
- Jan 28, '03 by SCBI dislike the job, I find myself becomong depressed even thinking about returning to nursing. Nursing has never brought be a feeling of well-being. I dislike working with others who's only enjoyment in life is treating others poorly. I've had it happen to me, and I seen it done to others. I know other nurses who have left, and have jobs outside of the profession. I just can't bring myself to return to nursing.
- Jan 28, '03 by renerianSBC I am a nurse but I am a sales rep with a DME company that sells incontinence products. Most of my clients are medicaid. I love it. I have been doing it for three months now. Maybe something along those lines?