I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS RECENTLY TAKEN THE NURSE CAREER BATTERY TEST AND WHAT THEY THOUGHT OF IT??/PLS RESPOND?
Jun 3, '10
It is my opinion this test serves no useful purpose other than to make money for the consulting companies that introduce it to HR's for the purpose of conducting these assessments.
Everything in this test is basically an exact repeat of what you already demonstrated during your clinical practicum.
Let's see, here's a small list of what's involved with this NCB test nonsense...
1. Administrating patient care physical interventions such as cold therapy, heat therapy, pressure, massage etc.
2. Developing clinical pathways and nursing interventions in an appropriate manner.
3. Crisis intervention strategies.
4. Patient safety issues. Bed rails, call bells etc.
5. How to carry a bed pad to the dirty service room without spilling it on the floor along the way. LOL OK, I'm just kidding about the last one...
The point is, this is just silly nonsense designed to make HR consultants more money...
Why attempt to assess someone's abilities who has already successfully demonstrated all the necessary requirements to graduate from an approved school of nursing?
It's like asking a licensed plumber to write and submit an exam before you employ them to fix your leaking pipe.
Doesn't the diploma hanging on the wall over there already serve this intended purpose or does it no longer have any value?
Last edit by Patient_Care_Asst on Jun 3, '10