Low GPA, Low Pre reqs wanting 2nd degree in BSNRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Low GPA, Low Pre reqs wanting 2nd degree in BSN in Nursing Career Advice ... Hey guys, I have a dilemma. I graduated with a Bachelor's in Sociology. I have a 3.0 GPA and all...by lililulu Jan 21, '12Hey guys,
I have a dilemma. I graduated with a Bachelor's in Sociology. I have a 3.0 GPA and all C's in my pre-reqs. Any advice you guys could give me on where to apply for school? I want to get my 2nd degree in Nursing. Whether it be an associates or bachelors. I feel stuck, help!!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=665207©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,655 Views
- Jan 21, '12 by ohcomeonCheck at the community colleges around you. The one I went to required only a 2.0 and C's in all prereqs. You should be fine.
- Jan 21, '12 by lililuluwhere did you go? if you don't mind me asking
- Jan 24, '12 by HorseshoeQuote from ohcomeonWOW! The community colleges in my area are very competitive. A 3.8 GPA might not cut it!Check at the community colleges around you. The one I went to required only a 2.0 and C's in all prereqs. You should be fine.
- Jan 24, '12 by hiddencatRNYou're just going to have to look around. My cumulative when I was applying was a 3.18 but I got As in all my prerequisites except statistics and that includes a semester of music school with a SUPER low GPA. Some schools will weigh prerequisites and last 60 credits heavily, some won't, and the community college I did my prerequisites at allowed you to apply as an internal transfer which meant they ONLY considered your community college GPA in the process and nothing else (otherwise my GPA and class failure rate would have automatically disqualified me).
You might want to consider retaking prerequisites. If you struggled with them, you might have trouble in nursing school (although I know there are folks here who did better in nursing school than in prerequisites). It also might help your chances of being accepted to nursing school.
- Jan 24, '12 by lililuluthank you for the advice guys, I applied to D'Youville College yesterday, hopefully I get in! hiddencatRN, I considered re-taking my pre-requisites, but I wanted to try applying without having to do so. but I hope I get in!