Job Market in Pensacola, FloridaRegister Today!
- by livingcj_RN Jan 2So I will be a new graduate of a BSN program come May and am planning on moving to Pensacola. How is the current job market in the Pensacola area for new grads? Would I have a better chance at interviewing/getting a job at any particular hospital over another? Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated as I am just beginning my job search. Thanks!
- Jan 2 by NavyNurse92The job market for new grads is tough in Pensacola. We have at least 5 local schools graduating hundreds of new nurses a year. Having your BSN may help, but you'll have to really be proactive in your search-- bring your resume & application and introduce yourself to the managers of the place you'd like to work.
- Jan 9 by livingcj_RNThanks so much for the quick response! Do you recommend applying for jobs prior to graduating or waiting until I pass NCLEX/have my RN license? I have contacted some hospitals HRs who say that it's too early to apply as I still have a semester left to finish. But I just don't want to miss out on any opportunities and would love to have a job lined up before I move down there (I currently go to school in VA).
- Jan 10 by lmb1248Yeah the job market is pretty tough here. I live in Milton which is right next to Pensacola. I graduated in Aug, took my boards and passed on Nov. 18th and have been looking ever since. I have applied for at least 50 or more position and had 2 call backs (different units) at Baptist Behavior (b/c I loved mental health) but didn't get the job. On their behalf, my father passed away on Dec 18th from lung cancer so they probably do not think I'm stable enough to handle it right now. I have friends that graduated with me who found jobs in about a month after getting license. There are definitely jobs, but most are looking for experience. Good luck to you.
- Jul 8 by pinkcess09Hi lmb1248 Did you go to nursing school in p'cola?