Job interview before NCLEX?Register Today!
- by Meg86an Jan 18I have a job interview in a couple weeks at a hospital in Baltimore on an orthopedic floor. I'm a new grad will be taking NCLEX March 1 and was wondering if employers would still hire me without my boards being done. I live in Jersey still and when they called me for the interview they asked if I was in Baltimore yet and I told them I wasnt planning on moving down until the end of February. She seemed really interested and there are about 5 positions open on the floor currently. She told me to bring my CPR card. And I also plan on bringing 2 letters of recommendation. One of which is from a clinical instructor who taught me during my orthopedics rotation. My question is can I get hired when I wont be able to start until the first week of March? (So approximately one month after the interview)? and any interview tips to help me stand out?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=809370©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 413 Views
- Jan 18 by samiam4Yea they can hire you. They would probably want u to get a temporary license to practice in the state of md. After u take your NCLEX you will have to get your md license- which all cost money. What hospital in Baltimore are u interviewing with? Also do u have a BSN or ADN? I'm also a new grad looking for jobs in the bmore area- I'm out of state as well but I'm in Pennsylvania
- Jan 18 by itsnoworneverQuote from samiam4Not entirely true. OP can just test in MD and cut out the middle manYea they can hire you. They would probably want u to get a temporary license to practice in the state of md. After u take your NCLEX you will have to get your md license- which all cost money. What hospital in Baltimore are u interviewing with? Also do u have a BSN or ADN? I'm also a new grad looking for jobs in the bmore area- I'm out of state as well but I'm in Pennsylvania
- Jan 18 by Meg86anI have my ADN. Plan on going back for my BSN sometime this spring. (always mention that in my cover letter) I've only applied for my license in Maryland and only have applied to jobs in Maryland. I don't think if I were hired they would bother with a temporary license only because from what I hear by time all the paperwork was done, I'd have my RN anyway. I applied to about 50 jobs since thanksgiving and this is my first call back!
- Jan 20 by jujubeeeThat's definitely not unusual for them to interview you before the NCLEX. Good luck on that...and on your NCLEX as well!!!
- Jan 20 by akaniniWow. Congrats on that interview. I live in NYC and I've NEVER heard of an interview before taking the Nclex. I guess with all nurses here already, no employer is going to wait for someone to take their boards. Again congrats and ACE that interview!!