CPR, etc.Register Today!
- by HididiScribbler Jun 3, '04I was wondering about what type of things I will need to be certified in, and how exactly I do that. I presume CPR, and saw around here other things mentioned like certification to give chemo. Do you have to become certified in these AFTER nursing school, or is it possible that some of them can be done before? Thanks.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=68658©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 660 Views
- Jun 3, '04 by suzanne4CPR classes and certification can be done at any time. There is a difference ly in the information covered when you are a nurse versus someone without any medical training.
The certifications, such as chemo, etc. are only attainable once you are a nurse and are practising as such.
Hope that this helps.
- Jun 3, '04 by Chad_KY_SRNACPR is a very good thing to have. Tonight had a new admit come in to the skilled floor, he'd been there all of 10 hours and coded. Pt. was found in the floor by unit CNAs and CPR was started. Pt. was breathing on his own by the time EMS arrived. First sucessful code I have ever seen, real life is not always like on ER. Last thing we heard he was in the ER awake, alert, and oriented. Some things still amaze me. God works in very mysterious ways.
- Jun 4, '04 by GompersI'm pretty sure that every nursing school requires CPR certification for all students before they begin clinicals - I'm pretty sure the school provides the course for you. You'll need to be recertified every year that you are working in the hospital as a student or a nurse. I think they're planning on changing the guidelines to every 2 years soon, though.
Most people who work in hospitals are required to have CPR training, if they have any type of patient contant. Am I wrong on this?
- Jun 4, '04 by luckyladyoreIm taking a CPR class this week end and it is a requirment for our B.S degree program before you can even recieve an application. Safety FIRST I believe.
- Jun 4, '04 by lisamc1RNI am required to take CPR before school starts. I'll be taking it next week.
- Jun 8, '04 by HididiScribblerStrangely enough, it's not a requirement for my CC nursing program. It is a requirement for some BSN programs I was looking into, though, and I planned on taking it anyway. Maybe this fall...