Changing from nurse to Doc.Register Today!
- by singh2manish Jan 5Hi All,
myself is a male nurse who is 27 yrs old from india. Ever since i was in my 1st year of my nursing i was much attracted towards medicine. Though i continued with nursing and graduated in 2011 with a BSc Nurs degree i still find myself wanting to become a physician. My whole academic vitae is like-- 12 yrs of school educatiion + 3 yrs of BSc. (Zoology, Botany, Chemistry) + 4 yrs BSc. Nursing.... and now wnt to become a physician.
Pls clear me on some questions.
1. Is age a problem. I know the extensive education and years involved. But that also is not a problem bcoz its my dream.
2. Do ,again i have to study chem bio phy n maths for MCAT?
3. What it would be like if apply at 35 of age? I planning to get some clinical exp from CANADA (bcoz US = retrogression) and earn some money for my education.
Pls help me all knowledgeable persons out there. What all will be required? I am totally new and dont know anything. What all documents for non-US based candidate will be needed? What formalities will need to be completed?
- Jan 7 by HouTxWe here at AN are not experts in Medical education... suggest you post your queries to those that have more expertise in this area. I am sure that there must be a forum for potential medical students that would be helpful for you.
- Jan 7 by singh2manishPls suggest some.
- Jan 7 by loriangel14A nursing degree will not get you into med school and clinical experience as a nurse will not be of any importance.The sciences you took as part of your nursing education will not likely be accepted as prerequisites for med school.You need to select a med school that you want to attend and find out from them what you need to take before you can apply.As HouTx said, we are not knowledgeable reguarding medical education.
If you plan to go to Canada you will still have to obtain a license and get a work visa. Both will take time and money.You need to pick a plan of action. You have started several threads and in each one you have a different story about what you want to do.
- Jan 8 by NurseCara310There are a couple of programs I heard of that bridge nurses to MDs....Try looking up bridge programs (I know a Friend who did that a while back).... And u r not too old, just be ready for all that work :-)
- Jan 8 by singh2manishThanks Cara, can u suggest some universities who provide the bridging program.