Can't find a job for over 8 months - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 5 by LRothHave you tried any job fairs? I know there are healthcare and nursing specific ones and maybe getting to talk face to face and meet with many recruiters at once would be better. I went to one at Javits in NYC and it was pretty good.
ETA: There is one coming up, but it's not until October
I saw the same group has one online in August ...
- Jul 5 by LiverpoolloverI have and about 95% of places say they want someone with a BSN. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it!
I just hope the longer I stay out of work, I don't become more and more undesirable to hospitals.
You what also sucks, applying for jobs online. I think once you submit an application, the program looks for specific words and if you don't have them, your résumé doesn't even get to HR.
I would love to know these key words that would help my cause. Haha!
- Jul 5 by hope3456You are right on that - there was a tread on this topic awhile back. The "key" words like compassion, team player, dependable, ect
- Jul 7 by Not_A_Hat_PersonHave you looked into travel nursing? With 3 years of experience, you could get an assignment somewhere.
- Quote from Not_A_Hat_PersonI would love to travel but I have a husband and we just opened a business a year ago, so I help with that. But good suggestion!Have you looked into travel nursing? With 3 years of experience, you could get an assignment somewhere.
Btw, I love your username... I too, am not a hat person! Haha
- Jul 16 by hope3456Go to the "search" tab and type in resume. Lots of discussions/advice
- Will do, thanks!