Any Online Associate Degrees in Nutrition?Register Today!
- by RosesRN Jun 22, '09Hello All,
I was interested in getting an associate's degree in nutrition on top of my bachelor's in nursing. Do you know of any schools? Can I ask a school that offers a bachelor degree to give me an associates?
- Jun 22, '09 by CrufflerJJIf you Google "Online Associate Degrees in Nutrition", there are a bunch of hits that get displayed.
I sort of doubt that a college offering a Bachelors degree would be willing to design a curriculum for a single student wanting an associated degree.
- Jun 22, '09 by RosesRNyeah, actually I am a good internet researcher and I already googled it, all the sites are junk sites....if you click through you will see what I mean. that's why i got fed up and posted for help. thanks for responding though
- Jun 22, '09 by CrufflerJJQuote from Roses623Oh well....yeah, actually I am a good internet researcher and I already googled it, all the sites are junk sites....if you click through you will see what I mean. that's why i got fed up and posted for help. thanks for responding though
Have you tried searching for "Nutritionist" or "DTR" (Dietetics Tech, Registered) degrees?
- Jun 22, '09 by RosesRNYAY! Thank you so much, that got me some great anwers! http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg...4_ENU_HTML.htm
- Jun 24, '09 by CrufflerJJQuote from Roses623YAY! Thank you so much, that got me some great anwers! http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg...4_ENU_HTML.htm
Glad to help. My wife is a Dietitian (my mom was a Dietitian for umpteen years also), and she has a sister who got her DTR degree (but then never put it to use).
If you're looking for a purely "online" program, I believe that DTR also has a supervised clinical practice requirement. Not sure how that would be handled with the online program.
- Jun 24, '09 by RosesRNthank you, i am not sure if I am going to pursue it for a while (I've got my hands full with my ABSN degree for the next 16 months).
I worked for a nutritionist who used a lot of whole food supplements by Standard Process and I saw amazing things happen to his clients. Even with myself! I used to have terrible anxiety and paranoia and stress, the doctor prescribed me Xanax, but I only took it a couple of times before I threw it out because I hated feeling high, and even after taking it twice I craved it! nasty. So my boss (the nutritionist) had me take the Cataplex B (B vitamins) and he said I could take up to 30 tablets per day. Now, I never get anxiety or paranoia and I can cope with stress so much better. Now I take just 2-4 tablets per day (thats the recommended dosage) But if I drink alcohol or I am in a stressful situation I take more and it helps. I know it isn't a mind trick, because I didn't trust they would work when I first started taking them. But I have done a lot of research and some people think that a lot of people on medications just have a B vitamin deficiency.