All the Nurse Residency Programs you ever wanted - page 2
by creative scholar 105,829 Views | 34 Comments
First time on here, starting a new thread 4 those just graduated and want expereince in a Nurse Residency Program. Most offer 1 year long residency programs for new grads. These Residency Programs are sponsored by the UHC/AACN... Read More
- 1Sep 18, '09 by smn2010rigs:
foreign or not....you have passed your u.s. nclex exam! good for you!!! it doesn't matter if you are a foreigner or not. if you have received your license from one of the compact states the process will be smoother to go from one state to another. just start applying to the programs!!!
wish you luck...competition is fierce!!!
- 0Jun 4, '10 by bernaldQuote from IrynaI hear you! I graduated in June '09 joined Americorps and am still looking for a residency program in WASHINGTON STATE!!! I didn't realize how difficult it would become to find a residency program or to start working at a hospital. ANYONE, IF THERE IS ANY HOPE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Meanwhile, my search goes on...Hi ! am looking for the RN residency program in seattle( WA) and area .. so far no success ... I am not gonna give up but slowly loosing my hope ... looks like many hospitals shut down that program( Evergreen Hospital , Northwest hospital) and other ones have limited space( UW Medicine , Providence ). Thinking to start looking outside of the state
- 0Feb 11, '11 by GilbertAzRNAbrazo Health Care System in Arizona has a 3 months (6 months for ICU) nurse residency program called: New Graduate Development Program. They only accept BSN new grads who have passed NCLEX. There were 400 applicants for 32 positions in January. They have 3 programs each year.
32-35 total new grad positions in Six Hospitals in Phoenix:
Phoenix Baptist Hospital
Arizona Heart Hospital
Paradise Valley Hospital
- 0Feb 11, '11 by CuriousMeQuote from creative scholarI thought that Stony Brook University Medical Center was in Stony Brook....have they opened up a new hospital in Deer Park?First time on here, starting a new thread 4 those just graduated and want expereince in a Nurse Residency Program. Most offer 1 year long residency programs for new grads.
These Residency Programs are sponsored by the UHC/AACN (University Health Systems Consortium) American Assocaition of Colleges of Nursing)
www.aacn.nche.edu/Education/nurseresidency.htm click on "Schools of Nurisng Participating in Residency Programs" or go to aacn.nche.edu/education/pdfINRFlyer.pdf but in case all that doesnt work, indulge yourself with the list below.
NURSE RESIDENCY PROGRAMS
U. Medical Center- Arizona
U. of Colorado Hospital
U. of Kentucky Hospital
NYU Langone Med. Center
U. of Pennslyvania Hospital
U. of Utah Hospital & Clinics
U. of New Mexico- Alberquerque
U. Of Kansas Medical Center
U. of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston
Stony Brook U. Hospital Deer Park , NY
Hope this helps yall in your search.
- 0Apr 2, '11 by smash25Can anyone please tell me that how does the residency program look like? I mean how many hours per week? are all the hours in the mornings or it includes some night duties too?
I am one semester away from graduating. After that I will take state boards some where in August. Can you get residency before passing the NCLEX?
I would appreciate any input.....thanks!