Work ExperienceRegister Today!
- by reshin Jun 26, '12Good day! I would just like to know what would be the minimum years of experience required for a foreign nurse to be able to get a good job in Australia? Would a year be good already? Thanks!
- 1,462 Views
- Jul 2, '12 by Bama RNI can't speak from personal experience, but from what I've read on here, there have been nurses with no experience that have gotten jobs in OZ. They initially had to go through an agency for placement, so...it would seem you shouldn't have too much trouble. I may be wrong, but that's what I've read. Start checking around, you never know what you'll find! Good luck!
- Jul 3, '12 by debbieukIt all depends on what visa you are after.. you can get a job and a 457 visa with a years experience but a permanent visa wants 2 years experience ...many get jobs on 457s and then apply for an onshore permanent visa later.
- Jul 24, '12 by julianne.00Hey there! Speaking from my own job search experience, I needed 2 years post-grad to work in the ED in Australia. Med-surg is probably at least one if you are job hunting on your own. The agency I'm using requires two years no matter where you want to work!
- Sep 18, '12 by bryanguasAre you from the Philippines? I am also a new BSN degree holder here in the Philippines. I am thinking about going to New Zealand or Australia to become a nurse. I have to take a bridging program there (1) year. I have no working experience yet. Do you think it is okay? would I be able to get a job there?