Welcome to the Forum - General Aussie ChatRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Welcome to the Forum - General Aussie Chat in Nursing in Australia / New Zealand, part of World Nursing ... Having been guilty myself of hijacking threads saying hello and just chatting to my fellow Aussies...by gwenith Sep 25, '05Having been guilty myself of hijacking threads saying hello and just chatting to my fellow Aussies I thought it might be worthwhile for us to have a thread that is just dedicated to general Aussie chat. We can then discuss issues like the Morris - oops Davis inquiry in Queensland and what it will mean for Q health and for the rest of Australia.
We can talk cricket, sport and anything else that is just us.
Say hello to new members dropping by.
Generally find out what is happening in the rest of the country.
I will make this thread a "sticky" so that it will always be at the top of the forum.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=122139©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 45,083 Views
- Sep 25, '05 by suzanne4When I was still in Thailand, I was a close neighbor...........do I get points for that??????
- Sep 26, '05 by Interested PartyNow that you have started this thread, I am stumped for words :stone ............. or maybe it's Monday-i-tis???? Let's wait til the weekend when my brains are working better
- Sep 26, '05 by gwenithQuote from suzanne4Yeah! Course - more importantly when are you coming over to Oz??When I was still in Thailand, I was a close neighbor...........do I get points for that??????
- Sep 29, '05 by jaxWell, I'll come and have a little winge. I am SO SICK OF FOOTBALL. Thank God the Aussie Rules is over and done with, only the league to go....
Then again, when I think it's all done, there's always soccer or gridiron or something that my husband and boys manage to find.
I know I'm a big spoil sport but sometimes enought is enough.
winge over ----feeling better now.
- Sep 29, '05 by Interested PartyHey Gwenith, maybe you should have called this thread 'Aussie Whinge'
My week's getting better ................ have 5 days off after tomorrow .............too tired to comment. Forster report coming out soon and hoping for extremely good recommendation from him and hopefully more funding for more staff:wink2:
- Good idea Gwenith!
Mental health was headline news here in S.A. again today. An elderly, -'bout 75yo, -suicided after being turned away, (as in probably not deemed "sick" enough!!), from hosp. after seeking help and support.
So,once again, the pollies, the beauracracts, hospital staff, etc. Are all blaming each other!!??!! :smackingf :deadhorse
Sad state of affairs really. It never used to be about numbers, $$$'s, etc. It once was mostly about caring for and providing health care for, PEOPLE!
That's the down side of getting older. :uhoh21: You have a memory of another time.
- Quote from Interested PartyAussie's whinge????!!! ....... NEVER!!!! :stoneHey Gwenith, maybe you should have called this thread 'Aussie Whinge'
- [QUOTE=jax]Well, I'll come and have a little winge. I am SO SICK OF FOOTBALL. Thank God the Aussie Rules is over and done with,
AMEN TO THAT!!!
But, I'm GLAD Sydney Swans won!!!!! :smiley_aa :hatparty:
Now it's the cricket!!! fftopic:
- Sep 30, '05 by gwenithHi Grace!! I am working with a couple of New Mexicans at the moment (and one Californian - the American invasion has begun) They can't get over some of our expressions like "Ta" for thank-you and "Boxing Day". Though with that lot I am not too sure who is pulling whose leg:chuckle