Agency Nurses (Melbourne) - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 6, '12 by lilly1980Hi All!
I'm a US RN attempting to do some travel assignments in Melbourne. I've already secured my visa and nursing registration....just need to find a job
1) has the census picked up and is there a current need for agency nurses?
2) do any of you have an agency you recommend for travel assignments?
- Nov 22, '12 by britgirldid anyone get back to you
- Nov 25, '12 by lilly1980Hey,
No, no one responded, but I found some agencies that were listed on another thread that I've contacted. And according to one of the agencies, there is plenty of work. So here's hoping!
- Dec 4, '12 by tds74Hi. Am new to this forum/app. I am an agency nurse in Melbourne. Maybe I can help. I work in ICU and cath lab.
- Dec 4, '12 by tds74I would expect agency work to get very quiet in the new year. It was very quiet the beginning of 2012. Try Belmore for some longer term placements.
- Dec 4, '12 by lilly1980tds74,
i would love to pick your brain! from my understanding, shifts are typically 8hrs? are you finding enough work? 3-4 shifts a week? do you mind if i ask if you are from aus or from another country? i'm coming in a few weeks from los angeles and am signed on with HCA.
- Feb 18 by nephron19Hi everyone,
Has the market changed for any of you? Just wondering the current situation with agency nursing in Melbourne.
- Feb 18 by lilly1980hey nephron,
it's not great. it is still the "slow" season here, new grads start, and there are also some government cutbacks on the public hospitals (in melbourne) so i think all of that has been affecting it too. i can have a great week with 5 shifts and another with 2. if you are able to get in good with a particular hospital or unit where they request you then that helps a lot...but it's still not always enough. the experienced agency nurses as well as the agency itself keeps saying it will pick up. you can also sign on with multiple agencies, that can help too but all the agencies are affected.