Nurses Share Your Empowering Scriptures :)
- 8Jan 16, '12 by wife&mommyRNHello allnurses
I can't tell you how happy I am that this forum has been created. I'm still learning my way around since the upgrade.
I was hoping the Christian nurses on this site could post some of the scriptures they read that has helped them in the hospital, school, clinicals ect. The power of prayer and reading certain scriptures have empowered me through nursing school & in my new career. I also encourage us to pray not only for one another, but for our patients, managers, administrators, and those that try to do us harm as this is my new commitment this year.
So I will start.........
Mark 11:24- "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, & ye shall have them." (KJV)
I read this scripture everyday & wrote it on my white board while preparing for the NCLEX
Matthew 5:44 " But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully persecute you." (KJV)
Matthew 5:46- " For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? (" (KJV)
I'm guilty of praying mostly for those I love, but my new mission is to devote more prayer to those I don't know very well & even people that mean me harm. Its easy to pray for those I love. This is great when dealing with a difficult co-worker/ patient
Galatians 6:17 "From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus." (KJV)
Another member of allnurses.com referred me to this scripture, this is my new favorite scripture
I hope these scriptures empower someone else as they have done in my life. I look forward to reading some that encourage other nurses and being encouraged
- 7Jan 21, '12 by VivaLasViejas GuideOne of my favorites is Hebrews 11:1---"Faith is the substance of things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen." Sometimes it's hard to hang onto faith when we see suffering and injustice and death on a daily basis, but this verse reminds me that God is walking the halls beside me, even when it feels like He's paying more attention elsewhere.
- 9Jan 22, '12 by RKRobbinsI am so glad to see this forum support nurses who love God! I have had a lot to endure the meger 27 years I have been.on this earth and sometimes I feel like I'm three times my age! I bounced around from a mom and dad who hated the sight of me, endured abuse that would make most people sick. But I made it and it wasn't until the last year or so that I realized the whole adult life I spent looking for a parent to love me.....I had it in Jesus Christ, throughout everything he was there. Loving me during times I wished I was dead, pushing me when I thought I couldn't make it. He was the one and the only one who has never forsaken me,never once. He lead me to my great husband blessed me with a daughter and blessed me with the will and determination to do anything in this life I want to, and all the glory be to him.
I don't have a scripture off the top of my head because I'm really now studying the kjv, but I wanted to.say what I had on my mind.
- 5Jan 22, '12 by WoodenpugLuke 12:27-40
King James Version (KJV)
27Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Esp. when feeling overwhelmed at work.
- 6Jan 22, '12 by eagle78A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
That one helped me through some serious health situations.
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughs,
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
This is one that I go over every morning as I do my meditations. It is my way of handing my day, thoughts and feelings over to God each day...
- 3Jan 23, '12 by nolamomx2Thank you w&mRN for Mark 11:24 :heartbeat. I have been praying for a new job.....one that I will enjoy & look forward to doing. This scripture came right on time .
Just this morning, my husband lost his wallet. He was tearing up the house & running late for work. After he found it my daughter said to me......Mommy I prayed for daddy to find his wallet and God ANSWERED my prayer! She looked so excited and amazed. It made me feel so happy & warm inside .
Well my scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
This scripture really helped me through my last semester of nursing school. I hope it will be a blessing to someone else on this forum .
- 4Jan 23, '12 by juzmeJohn 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I do love this one so much!
If I may also add my favorite empowering spiritual vision for me..I was a young child of the 70s and my mother had a holographic like picture of Jesus, about an 11x16, hanging on our wall and it was Jesus standing at a old wooden door about to knock. He has on a long white robe. When I need a calming effect in my life, my thoughts, I think of that picture and think of Jesus asking me to let him in and handle of what is going on;-)
- 2Jan 24, '12 by seashells2011KJV, pg 612, Matthew 28: 18-20: "And Jesus came unto them and spoke saying, " all power is given unto me in Heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore into all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost; teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
I have always loved, cherished and tried to uphold this commandment. I have always found great comfort in this passage. I am very happy to share this with those of you who appreciate it!
Happy New Year and good wishes to all!