Looking to connect with other Christian nurses - page 5
Hi everyone, My name is Suzie. I am a registered nurse in Pensacola, Florida. Nursing has been my heart and passion more and sometimes less since the mid 1990ís. I have worked in the acute care hospital setting since then. I... Read More
- 1Feb 28, '13 by SuzieFQuote from Gold_SJI think that is wonderful. Write away! I look forward reading your work.
^.^ That's alright, with nursing I do love it but I feel unsettled like I'm supposed to be doing something else. I pray that I do what's right and I have a sense I'm supposed to write. Which I do daily (as I personally love to) but whether it eventuates as being the correct path I don't yet know. Just have to keep praying and trusting the Lord.
- 1Mar 8, '13 by FSUNurse2bTo all Christian nurses,
It's very encouraging to read all these posts. I'm gathering that Christian nurses are not entirely alone in their faith within the workplace? I currently work in the banking industry and these topics relating to faith are very, very, very rarely talked about. Probably because most of my clients are focusing on money and wealth and not health or life & death. I have been struggling with the nature of my work for a few years now. I tend to be very quiet about my beliefs in my workplace, but it is good to know that there are nurses out there that are believers and can talk to patients, if asked. I think as a nurse I will be very quiet about my faith, focusing solely on the needs of the patient, but it is good to know that there are many patients that do appreciate being cared for.
- 0Jun 7, '13 by ~Melissa~I'm actually at the midpoint in my journey to be an RN-/ I'm through with pre-reqs and will be starting nursing school in the fall. (Of course then im planning to do an RN-MSN program to NP immediately after!) As I live in the Deep South, Christianity is something that is pretty much out there and respected by most (even if they don't agree with it). I would pray that my very life is a testimony to God-- I'm not one who knows much about apologetics and talking about my faith in a "let me convert you" way. I do hope, though, that people will recognize my joy and want it for themselves!
I'm so glad to see so many other brothers and sisters in Christ. I'll add you all to my prayers and look forward to seeing how this thread progresses!
- 0Jun 7, '13 by UnderooHi Suzie, so nice to meet you! I am a Christian and RN as well. I am living in Washington state, but am originally from Georgia. I love the Panama City/Pensacola area of Florida. It is where I met my husband and where we were married. It's so nice to see so many comments from fellow believers. Living here in the Pacific Northwest, I have found that there are few Christians in my practice, and most are silent about their beliefs. I do not preach my beliefs, but I am proud of who I am in Christ and I enjoy talking about Him and His blessings. I am very interested in your outreach, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I would love to talk more with you as I am certain I could benefit from your outreach.
- 0Jun 8, '13 by SuzieFHi Melissa!
I am so excited for you as you begin your adventure into the wonderful world of nursing. Your life will be transformed in a remarkable and fulfilling way. Just let the love and light of Christ radiate through you, and be prepared to provide an answer to those who ask about the source of your hope and strength. People will indeed recognize your joy and be attracted to it.
You live right down the road from me. I live in Pensacola. Message me if you would like to have coffee sometime.