Ok. Maybe that isn't a fair title. Perhaps some of the excuses are true. But I would like to see what others have been told as far as why someone called off. Here's a few of my favorites:
1. My babysitter is in jail so I can't come in.
2. I burned my hand on some food so I can't work today.
3. I forgot I had to work today, so I stayed up too late and am too tired to come in.
4. My child got stung by a bee (several hours ago) so I don't want to come in.
5. I'm mad at (supervisor) so I'm not working today.
I have used "I'm stressed to death and am taking a "mental health" day today." Yes, I was wrote for an absence, lol. But I was being honest. Anyway, what have you heard?