Nicknames unprofessional? - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 2 by Mom2boysRNMarked mine wrong also... Richie is fine to use at work... Richard for resume as others have said.
- Mar 2 by RoseyposeyNot sure what is unprofessional about a nickname, especially if it a shortened version of your given name. I could see if you were calling yourself something like "Spanky" or "Tiny." I have known a "Sunshine," a "Sunflower", a "Liberty," and a "Treasure" - all given names. Let's not forget the current trends of naming children places - "Dakota," "Brooklyn," "Cheyenne," "Heaven." Are those people unprofessional for using their given names, or is their parents who were unprofessional? Just what we need - one more way to judge each other.
- Mar 2 by NutmeggeRNOops I voted no instead of yes......
- Mar 2 by satherp5Nicknames like: Richie, John Boy, Bobby D, Kimmy, Rach.....GOOD
Nicknames like: Stinky, pecker head, boobs of Bellevue, large marge.....BAD
Huge difference in those groups. I don't understand AT ALL how someone could knock someone for going by something like Richie.
- Mar 2 by Sweet_Wild_RoseThere are several folks with my first name on the unit I work in, so when there's more than one of us together, I usually go by my middle name. I see nothing unprofessional about that or shortened versions of first names. Now if we're talking a nickname that could be construed as offensive, then it's another story.
- Mar 2 by blackvans1234Well the poll was inconclusive LOL
I've (We've) learned two things from this thread
1) I can't make a clear poll
2) Nicknames are fine as long as they're not outrageous, as in sugar lips, hot bunz (hot buns would be acceptable).
I filled out the form at the nametag store and asked the woman if that's how it would appear on my name tag, she said yes. I asked if I could change it, she asked what I would change it to, so I told her Richie. She then went on the ''unprofessional tangent''.
I was curious and asked my clinical instructor her opinion, and she voted unprofessional. However without prompting, she wouldn't have had an opinion (three months in and she hasn't said anything)
- Mar 2 by melissakc12I don't see what is wrong with a nickname unless it is something like Spike I don't see how a company would make you change your name, just choose what you are most comfortable with!
- Mar 2 by LadyFree28Quote from melissakc12^What's MORE annoying is how someone feels to be "authorized" to give tips on what is "right"...I don't see what is wrong with a nickname unless it is something like Spike I don't see how a company would make you change your name, just choose what you are most comfortable with!