career advice helpRegister Today!
This is a discussion on career advice help in Nursing and Professionalism, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I have been employed in the dallas texas area for 2 years, I have been getting canceled a lot...by rmerryfield May 7, '12I have been employed in the dallas texas area for 2 years, I have been getting canceled a lot lately due to low census on the unit. I have reapplied at a hospital baylor, eventhough i quit without giving notice during orientation, I know what you might be thinking but the conditions the nurses where under was not right, and I lost my father so the two stress was too much and i quit. Now that I want to quit and give plently of notice, i cant seem to get an interview, am i being paronoid that maybe the place i quit somehow i guess black listed me what do you think, If so what can I do?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=707426©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 851 Views
- May 7, '12 by Esme12Don't you have that "service" in Texas known for blackballing people and giving them bad references? What is the name ...something ONE?
You quit without notice it maybe why the are not calling you for an interview. Go there in person. Turn it in by hand. Lesson learned ...you will be fine. Keep plugging along.
- May 7, '12 by delawaremalenurseyou had a position with them...you were in orientation....you left WITHOUT notice thereby essentially turning your back on them and their employ....hmmmmmmm
OF COURSE that's why you're not getting an interview....you were marked as a "no rehire"!!
- May 7, '12 by MeriwhenWhile I understand that you had a lot on your plate and needed to leave the job, the fact is that you did quit without notice. To most employers, to do that is an automatic "Do not rehire" regardless of why you quit.
Is there anyone at that former place--anyone--that you were on good terms with? Perhaps they can help you get back in there.
- May 7, '12 by rmerryfieldless attitude more help
- May 7, '12 by cally527Quote from rmerryfieldThey are all just telling you the plain, ugly truth. Based on your original post, you quit without notice. You have now re-applied for a job at that same facility and are wondering why you are not getting an interview.less attitude more help
The answer is simple. You have been blacklisted or categorized as Non re-hireable. When you quit without notice or stop showing up for a job (job abandonment) you are considered a "do not rehire" for that entire healthcare system or corporation. (Not just that one particular facility, but all the facilities or companies that they own). The company does not care why. (I had an employee get arrested and miss several shifts. He was a great employee, always on time, worked hard etc. His friends told me what happened so I was able to get coverage for his missed shifts, but I was forced to terminate him as job abandonment because he never called me himself. 6 month later when he got out of jail he came to see me about getting his job back and I was not able to re-hire him.)
You ask for help, I suggest 2 things.
First, If the only reason you want to leave your current position is because you keep getting cancelled due to low census, check with HR and see if there are any openings in another unit that does not have the same low census issues.
Second, If you are hell bent on getting out of your current position, apply to facilities that are not in the same system as the one you quit without notice.
Good luck with your job search!