Quote from gabulldogs
1. Neglect of Residents (no snacks, pressure sores, no baths, skin breakdown etc......)
2. Not enough help at NIGHT. Adm. decided to cut down to only 3 aides/60 and 2 charge nurses.
3. LPNs are made to take call on every off days because Aides call in all the time. So we go in for Aide Work. (which contradicts them saying the census is low so they had to cut back, because we get paid time/half when we have to go in.)
4. Adm. makes Mandatory Meetings at 2pm and expects night shift to be there regardless if they just clocked out that morning at 8am and have to be back at work that night at 7pm.
5. Even if you have a perfect attendance, if you miss the meetings you get points against you and 20 points means termination.
I (as many) came in hoping to make a difference but only to have our good drained from all this silly stuff.
I do feel my License is in jeopardy I know I need to get out of there.
Wow, no good! No good. I can't help you on the first one- My SNF always had 3 aides/60 and 2 charge nurses at night, and we do mighty fine, I am lobbying for more, of course, but.... Cannot help you there.
Now, as far as neglect, call and mandatory meetings, that's insane!
First I'm guessing you don't live in Virginia because it is illegal for any licensed healthcare professional to report any signs of neglect immediately to an authority.
Second, You cannot fix this- if your management knows this AND IS NOT ATTEMPTING TO FIX it, you must get out!
Why are there no snacks? Do they not put them out or are the nurse aides not passing them and the charge nurses don't care...
Why are there no baths? Are the aides not doing them and the Charge nurses don't follow up? Why are LPN's on call for CNA's?
Who makes mandatory 2pm meetings for all staff? (oops sorry on that one, I do, but only like once every 3 months).
I'm very concerned here. I'll tell you if I knew where you worked, I'd make the call myself. Before you jump the gun and go nutty, make sure that this is not a perceived problem, that it is an actual problem. Give me some more 411- we'd be more able to help if we know WHY these things are occurring and if mgmt is just ignoring them. If it is this bad, make sure you know YOU cannot fix it!