Text of H.R. 676: United States National Health Care Act or the Expanded and Improved - page 2
Text of H.R. 676: United States National Health Care Act or the Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act Full text... Read More
- 2May 1, '09 by elkparkQuote from GCTMTThat's what I'm afraid of -- that, once again, they're going to just tinker with a few details "around the edges," without making any serious, significant change ...I support H.R 676. But, the Fox news story didn't indicate to me that this piece of legislation was on a fast track to getting passed. In fact, from what I gather of Obama health care ideas, not much will change.
- 1May 2, '09 by GCTMTQuote from elkparkAgreed Elkpark. That is why it is imperative in this country not to make a mistake.I am in a nursing program and actively looking for a SRNA position ( very few offer health insurance). So, it is my wish that I do not get sick, because quite simply, I can not afford to get sick, costly. Furthermore, I understand the burden of getting sick while insured, and having the insurance company deny coverage. It happened to my mother after ten years of payment. All of the sudden she was uninsurable. That is why we must be vigilant, and upright.That's what I'm afraid of -- that, once again, they're going to just tinker with a few details "around the edges," without making any serious, significant change ...
Obama will not reach our goals, but he is a step in the right direction. And leave this country. Contact someone from a UHC country and make them aware of the plight here in the States. Ultimately, my thoughts on the health care crisis are, that it won't be relevant to those in power until it starts to hurt them. Nurses are the forefront, you've know idea the power you possess. Drop you insurance, reject the private market and there will be change. I have done so, quite succesfully even though I suffer from a duodenal ulcer.
- 2May 2, '09 by VivaLasViejas, ASN, RN GuideQuote from elkpark:yeahthat:A lot of us are "for this" because we believe strongly that eliminating private-for-profit health insurance companies would be the best thing that could happen to healthcare in this country ...
- 2May 2, '09 by cwazycwissyRNQuote from GCTMThttp://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...?bill=h111-676I support H.R 676. But, the Fox news story didn't indicate to me that this piece of legislation was on a fast track to getting passed. In fact, from what I gather of Obama health care ideas, not much will change.
Perhaps you missed this link in the article
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:h676: This is the full text
fast track articles
expanding medicaid to cover all, squeeze out health insurance. This bill is much more than providing health coverage to America. Much much more. For profit (anyone that owns a buissness) is the enemey of America? The only problems with our healthcare system? It will be fixed if the government is running all of it? Medicaid refuses treatments too. Maybe someone should write a "documentary" of how many people do not get treatment that is on our medicaid system right now. Perhaps they could also address how the reimburstements work also. How a hospital loses money on each patient. These are very valid concerns....questions I would like answered. We need to do something about our current system. I feel we had better watch and ask questions, to be absolutely sure, it will be a solution that will improve conditions, for our patients, for our families, and for us.
- 2May 2, '09 by cwazycwissyRNhttp://www.healthcare-now.org/wp-con...notated676.pdf
Here is another look at the plan from another angle....it is nice to look at what may be instead of just theory of what other countries are doing. I have always wondered how anyone can be against or for something that is not defined. I would love to see good solutions to our current conditions. This plan just poses some questions I am in hopes will be addressed.