Obama delays major part of health law: coverage for > 50 workers pushed to 2015 - page 2
by NRSKarenRN Admin
Obama delays major part of health law WASHINGTON (AP) - In a major concession to business groups, the Obama administration Tuesday unexpectedly announced a one-year delay, until after the 2014 elections, in a central... Read More
- 5Jul 3, '13 by thelema13Typical government messing with something good. Coming from Canada, we would defend our right to healthcare the same way Americans defend their right to bear arms.
To the above poster asking about overstepping the Constitution, the Government has been disregarding the Bill of Rights and the Constitution for years, it is nothing new. Until people start actually standing up for their rights, nothing will change.
I will stop here, hopefully this doesn't flag some NSA computer to investigate me.
- 2Jul 3, '13 by hope3456Quote from herring_RNThis is EXACTLY what is going to happen to more people than we realize if not the majority of workers. Notice that the bill only applies to FULL TIME employees? What the heck was he thinking??Thank you for posting this. I imagine lots of opinions will be posted.
I'm glad the insurance exchange in my stste will have good offers starting October 1st. My daughter has been paying $40.00 a visit at a clinic since her employer cut her hours to 30 per week so they could stop her benefits.
I pray she doesn't need hospitalization before 2014.
- 0Jul 4, '13 by brandy1017I have a feeling these state exchanges insurance premiums will resemble the high risk pools that states set up for people who were denied insurance due to poor health. The end result will be high costs and many people unable to afford the premiums. This is no solution to national healthcare! We need single payer national healthcare like all the rest of the civilized world!
- 3Jul 4, '13 by lhflanurseWhy not delay the entire thing until 2015/2016? Have you had a chance to read the entire bill? Do you think your senator/representative has? They pushed this vote through under the guise of "we'll figure it out later". There are a lot of good things in the bill, but there are a LOT of bad things. To me, everyone who wanted to get some money found a way to insert their needs into this thing knowing it was going to get pushed through. From what I am hearing from insurance agents, the whole thing is going to be like a HMO...you will need a referral to see your chiropractor, massage therapist, acupuncturist, etc. What MD/DO is going to do that when it takes money away from their plate?
- 0Jul 4, '13 by tewdlesQuote from lhornflanurseHave you read it?Why not delay the entire thing until 2015/2016? Have you had a chance to read the entire bill? Do you think your senator/representative has? They pushed this vote through under the guise of "we'll figure it out later". There are a lot of good things in the bill, but there are a LOT of bad things. To me, everyone who wanted to get some money found a way to insert their needs into this thing knowing it was going to get pushed through. From what I am hearing from insurance agents, the whole thing is going to be like a HMO...you will need a referral to see your chiropractor, massage therapist, acupuncturist, etc. What MD/DO is going to do that when it takes money away from their plate?
Are you afraid of it?
The insurance lobbyists were very busy first campaigning against and then for parts of the ACA.
I wouldn't depend upon them for any factual summation of the benefits to citizens.
- 5Jul 4, '13 by HM-8404ACA has to be a good deal for America. If it were not why would the patriotic American unions have pushed so hard for it? What? The unions were given deferments? Crap! OK. It has to be good because the administration that pushed so hard for it can't wait for it to take effect. What? It does not apply to them? Crap! At least those that support it will be able to campaign on the fact they helped put it through. What? The most expensive parts were put on hold until after the mid-term elections so they have a chance to get reelected? Good grief!!
- 1Jul 4, '13 by shermrnThe majority of Americans who voted the liberals into power are getting what they voted for, they all deserve it. Too bad they're dragging me, and everyone else with any common sense, down the drain with them. Maybe in future elections people will actually do some research into the issues before voting. Idiots !!!
- 2Jul 4, '13 by LadyFree28Quote from VICEDRNAgree...healthcare will come to all...tweaks/delays and all.The delay will mean congresspeople and governors don't have to run on being anti aca. Meanwhile tens of thousands of people suffer through a crap economy without insurance. All for politics!
In a few years, the aca will go as Medicare itself originally went: every state will eventually join. They just don't know it yet. And it will be hugely popular and no one will know how we lived without it just soc security, Medicare, snap, cobra and hipaa. Thank you democrats.
- 1Jul 4, '13 by tewdlesI disagree with you and so I, and those who think like me are "what's wrong with America" and an insult to our military???
Really? Cuz, see it is not people like me who want to make it more difficult or possibly impossible for the poor and working classes to get a piece of the American Dream.
It is not people like me who support draconian policy which puts government in charge of women's reproductive health issues.
It is not people like me who are anxious for the wealthy corporations to pay as little tax as possible while the majority of wage earners pay for those corporate entitlements.
It is not people like me who want workers to be flexible enough to work without benefit of overtime.
It is not people like me who devise processes that disenfranchise voters and require that citizens wait in lines for hours just to vote.
It is not people like me who believe that 47% of the country are lazy, unmotivated takers.
It is not people like me who believe we should cut SS and Medicare in order to preserve our corporate welfare.
I am quite certain that quite a number of people who died for this country and who are currently serving disagree on some points as well, and may even agree with ME...are they also the worst and an insult?
Geesh.Last edit by Esme12 on Jul 4, '13 : Reason: edited quote