Is health care a "right" - Page 6Register Today!
- Jul 9 by amygarsidecorrect.. the government has the responsibility for taking care of the people that's why they created low cost health care plans
- Jul 21 by anothergrumpyoldRNGod forbid that anyone would have to depend upon a/the church for financing their health needs.
That is not their function.
In fact, Jesus told his church that there would be poor always. He wanted them to heal them spiritually and afforded them that power, to include physical healing as a means to reach through their skepticism and into their souls.
The physical health of mammals is up to the mammal(s) according to their behavior and experience.
Most mammals protect their young. Some eat them.
Some herds protect the young.
Many mammals abandon the old, crippled, and infirm to die. Some do not.
Most, but not all humans have determined to live in social groups.
How altruistic we are in our social and community life is dependent upon us.
Exactly how "evolved" are we?
- Jul 22 by amygarsidewow i cant imagine a church financing a health care for a lot of people. I dont think that is their obligation. however, it would be nice for them to create a program that could help other people with health needs annually or quarterly
- Jul 22 by laborerSouls in Hell want ice water to...
- Jul 22 by anothergrumpyoldRNQuote from amygarsideSome churches do have "programs' like that...as part of their "mission" work.wow i cant imagine a church financing a health care for a lot of people. I dont think that is their obligation. however, it would be nice for them to create a program that could help other people with health needs annually or quarterly
- Jul 22 by amygarsidecharity works?
- Jul 23 by LadyFree28How many people LIVED without health insurance, have diagnoses of asthma, diabetes, and was able to have the same quality of life???
I just want to know...it's nice to talk about "health insurance privilege" if one has no major health issues, especially the chronic health issues that people are born with, or a major medical catastrophe and say its a right.
- Jul 24 by shermrnQuote from tewdlesWhat are the "working classes" and how are they are "greatest asset". Wealthy people work too. Besides, I thought the standard mantra was that children are our greatest asset. Then we come to the discussion about education being a right, look how badly the government run schools are doing, and you want this same government run the health care system ?Bold and italics mine...
If we allow our greatest asset, the working classes, to be financially destroyed by the for profit health system we will be in serious trouble as a nation...as evidenced by our current trends.
- Jul 24 by shermrnQuote from amygarsideCharities generaly spend money more wisely than the government does. They have to as they understand that money is a limited resource. The government is just the opposite, they spend freely and raise taxes to pay for it. High taxes only hurt the economy, common sense.charity works?
- Jul 24 by laborer... please get a life, OBAMA healthcare is now the law of the land !