Concealed Carry...as a nurse? - Page 21Register Today!
- Apr 8 by bugya90Billybob you have obviously never been a small sized female surrounded by 6 foot guys hasselling you and/or trying to rape you. That one scary moment gave me all the push I needed to officially take the CHL class and carry a weapon at all times I can. If someone ever attempts to assault me again I will have protection. You can't call 911 when the thugs take your phone.
- Apr 8 by billyboblewisIt is unfortunate you got into that position. I would take steps to make sure that it did not happen again.
- Apr 8 by akulahawkQuote from billyboblewisYou can only control some things. You can not control the actions of another person that has no allegiance to you. Even then, you can only control their actions with their consent only. I can pretty much guarantee that 6 normal-sized males can overpower one normal-sized female with relative ease.It is unfortunate you got into that position. I would take steps to make sure that it did not happen again.
When I carry, I don't go anywhere armed that I didn't go unarmed. Why? I'm not a cop. I'm only responsible for my own safety and that of my family. Period. If I'm lucky enough to be able to call 911, they still won't be able to get to me fast enough to make a difference. The fight, should there be one, will be long-over by the time they get there.
Even as a relatively not so small male, I can still strongly articulate sufficient disparity of force when confronted with several other males that I would be completely justified drawing and firing in self-defense, should I feel sufficiently threatened, even if those other males are unarmed.
I would greatly enjoy it if there weren't any need for any weapons... anywhere. Unfortunately, even a rock can be a deadly weapon if used correctly. We don't live in that idealistic world where there are no weapons and there's nothing but peace.
The person you said that to could change her route to and from her car, to and from work, pack-up with friends/co-workers, and the like... but she can't always count on that even being possible. She can even take martial arts classes... all that helps. All that avoidance stuff goes out the window when 6 guys corner her in an area that's not well lit or well covered by cameras (which would record the whole event without changing the outcome) and overpower her.
Bad guys only have to succeed once to get what they want. You have to succeed 100% of the time to ensure they don't get it from you. And a good defense involves layers. You want to make yourself unappealing as a target. They'll go after someone else who will be easy prey.
It's sad, but that's the way things are, and have been for a long time. I wish it wasn't that way.
- Apr 9 by ♪♫ in my ♥Quote from billyboblewisHmmm... smacks of the 'blame the victim' mentality.It is unfortunate you got into that position. I would take steps to make sure that it did not happen again.
It sounds like she has taken a big step to make sure that it does not happen again... providing herself with the means to defend herself.
- Jul 3 by CountyRatQuote from pmabrahamGood day:
This legal immigrant provides a very clear explanation of the 2nd Amendment plus the need for high capacity magazines. He includes historical and legal citations as part of his approximate five minutes as part of the gun control hearings:
Gun Control -- No matter what your opinion, you need to see this - YouTube
Thank you.Quote from pmabrahamGood day:Quote from pmabrahamWow. I just finished watching this video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZo4hbGJjVI, and what a breath of fresh air. Unlike so many of the rants currently in circulation, this statement that is calm, thoughtful, free of accusations and stereotypes, and referenced to factual information. It is also emotional compelling without a hint of hysteria. Please take 5 minutes to view it.This legal immigrant provides a very clear explanation of the 2nd Amendment plus the need for high capacity magazines. He includes historical and legal citations as part of his approximate five minutes as part of the gun control hearings: Gun Control -- No matter what your opinion, you need to see this - YouTube [COLOR=#000000]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZo4hbGJjVI[/COLOR]
Thank you.Last edit by Esme12 on Oct 7 : Reason: Formatting
- Aug 15 by TaylorMaidRnI am licensed and keep one in my car. Workplace violence is not unheard of in the hospital setting. Where I work, we have no security, and our rural county has only 2 sheriffs deputies and 1-2 police officers on duty during the night. These officers cover a radius that would take over an hour to cross. Response times aren't that quick. I doubt I will ever have to use it during my career, but its a comfort knowing that its there, should the need arise.
- Aug 26 by kcochraneQuote from wooh"On May 18, 1927, a part-time caretaker at a school in Bath, Michigan, killed 45 people, including 38 children, when he blew up a school and then killed himself, along with two first responders at the scene. Another 58 people were wounded." Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaYeah, but how many kids can someone walk into a school and kill with a knife? Or a lead pipe?
The deadliest mass murder of kids did not involve a gun. When someone wants to kill and wants to kill many, they will find a way. Even in 1927.