the ANA supporting this idea for health care reform? - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 30, '09 by James GarrityNo,dont think so.If that were the case,why is the launguage in the bill?And who is doing this debunking? the Liberal left who want this passed? The people have spoken,they do not want this,or the huge taxes that go with it.And when has the goverment ever got control of somthing and it didnt turn to crap? The VA and American Indian Health Service for example.Yes we need some changes,but not Obamas changes.
- Oct 1, '09 by HM2VikingRNhttp://prospect.org/cs/articles?arti...lth_of_nations
Some broad goals that I see in the reform proposals:
1. Everyone is participating. (Both individuals and their employers.)
2. Improve access to primary care AND establish medical homes for patients.
3. Base reimbursements on quality of care not quantity of care.
4. Establish consistent benefit sets so patients can compare apples to apples.
5. Reduction of administrative costs.
One of the reasons that ANA and other labor groups advocate for reform is that having access to affordable health care tends to improve all other systems in a society (education, work, recreation) that real people use and enjoy.Last edit by HM2VikingRN on Oct 1, '09
- Oct 1, '09 by James GarrityOther proposals have been voiced,but the democrats on the far left,lead by Nancy Palosi, have shot down or dismissed many meanigful and good plans,but did not have a public option or any plan with launguage that prohibit tax payer abortion.Again,this is not about health care,they have made that obvious.It is about control,the Obama administration would like,no love and dream ,of seeing this country a socalized utopia of every one have the same thing,wether you worked for it or not,no more free market,no more of working hard to do better,no more freedom to seek the american dream if thats what you want and your willing to work hard to get it.If Obams people were really interested in health care,he would take a long hard look at some of the republicans and others have proposed that do not scrap the current system,but make those improvements that would make a great system already,even greater,without goverment control,and a healthy freemarket.
- Oct 1, '09 by nicurn001Think it's time to take off the rose tinted glasses , the sucessess of virtually unregulated free enterprise as advocated by the last administration , near as damn it lead to a new great depression , it appears that the policies instigated at the end of that administration and continued by this , has pulled us back from the brink ( for now at least ).
- Oct 3, '09 by CRNA2007hahahahah,
pulled us back from the brink of what? What was unemployment when Obama took office? What was the national debt? This guy is a joke except to the kool aid crowd. He goes over with his hat in his hand to pitch for the olympics and comes back with his tail between his legs as a failure. We lost even more jobs this month than last month. His indecision in Afghanistan is costing more lives this year than any year since Bush invaded Afghanistan. His own commanders ask for troops and Obama will take weeks to make an indecision meanwhile soldiers die.
Quote from nicurn001Think it's time to take off the rose tinted glasses , the sucessess of virtually unregulated free enterprise as advocated by the last administration , near as damn it lead to a new great depression , it appears that the policies instigated at the end of that administration and continued by this , has pulled us back from the brink ( for now at least ).Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Oct 3, '09 : Reason: off topic
- Oct 4, '09 by nicurn001Quote from crna2007revisionism is wonderful , i seem to recollect as the credit market locked it was the financial markets that were calling for aid , when that aid came , it had the desired effect , while the credit markets may not be as free as they were , at least they are active .hahahahah,
pulled us back from the brink of what? the depression we probably would have fallen into what was unemployment when obama took office? 7.6%what was the national debt? $10trillion ( omb figure , had doubled during gwb admin this guy is a joke except to the kool aid crowd. he goes over with his hat in his hand to pitch for the olympics and comes back with his tail between his legs as a failure. we lost even more jobs this month than last month. his indecision in afghanistan is costing more lives this year than any year since bush invaded afghanistan maybe if we had stayed there in the first place and finished the job , we might not have to be fighting now . his own commanders ask for troops and obama will take weeks to make an indecision meanwhile soldiers die appears about as quick in making decisions as gwb .
whatever administration was in power at present , they would have had to get the train wreck of the economy , back on tracks , that takes time . americans , ( of which i am one , naturalized )want instant gratification , unfortunately economies do not work like that . it took years to get into the predicament we are in and unfortunately it will probably take years to get out of it , whatever administration is in power .
i think that the electorate felt the quote attributed to albert einstien “the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” , was appropriate, trickle down economics of reducing the tax burden upon the wealthy to create wealth , simply creates wealth bubbles that burst . we then end up picking up the pieces and have simply privatised profit and socialized loses .