Reactive Attachment DisorderRegister Today!
- by wish_me_luck May 3A while ago, I saw a documentary about a little girl with Reactive Attachment Disorder and how she went on to heal from it and become a nurse. I wanted to share this because Reactive Attachment Disorder can lead to and is much like Antisocial Personality Disorder. I thought Antisocial PD should be talked about, as well.
Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on May 3 : Reason: embed video
- May 3 by wish_me_luckAlso, Child Conduct Disorder can lead to Antisocial Personality Disorder. Reactive Attachment Disorder can also lead to Borderline Personality Disorder, but tends to lean towards antisocial behavior.
- May 4 by Esme12What a sad little girl......I remember this story
- Yeah, I am glad her story has a happy ending though--she is a NICU nurse and public speaker, now (she has to be around 29 or 30 years old). It goes to show some of the worst and seemingly hopeless cases can get better and be productive members of society with early intervention.
- May 4 by SycamoreGuyVery sad story... glad she got the help she needed.
- I just posted the link/embedded video for part 1--if you watch it to the end, you can click part 2 and so on.
- May 4 by NurseDirtyBirdI don't think I can watch part 2...
- It gets better, I promise. Part 1 talks a lot about her past with sexual abuse, but it goes up from there.
- May 5 by cincinursemaryQuote from wish_me_luckI am raising a child with Reactive Attachment Disorder. She came to our family at age 5. It is the hardest thing I have done. Her behavior is beyond belief to most people I share with. There is a good parent support group on line called thelittleprince.orgIt gets better, I promise. Part 1 talks a lot about her past with sexual abuse, but it goes up from there.
If you ever run into a parent with a kid with this disorder, tell them how proud you are of hanging in there, because it aint for sissies.
by the way, the adoptive mom of the girl in the Child of Rage movie is Nancy Thomas. She has awesome resources for parents raising kids with RAD. www.Attachment.org
- May 6 by dolcebellaluna@wish_me_luck, just tried to PM you but it said your inbox is full!