What is your favorite nursing scrub design? Do you have one? - page 2
by brian Admin | 6,761 Views | 19 Comments
There are many nursing scrub brands. Many colors ... many designs ... costs vary. What is your favorite design? What is your favorite brand? If you could, would you change the design of your work place? Click Like... Read More
- 0Mar 25, '13 by NurseCardI prefer mock wrap tops, as they are the most flattering. I don't really have a favorite brand. My personal favorite scrub top is one that I bought about 10 years ago, when I first became an RN. It's super colorful and has little St Jude inspired cartoons and drawings on it, in a pattern. I bought it at Life Uniforms; I imagine the money from the sales of this particular design went to St. Jude.
- 0Mar 25, '13 by itsmejuli GuideMy fav are Reina brand. They're made of microfiber, come in sets of pants with matching top, have lots of pockets and fit me well.
They're not easy to find though. No stores sell them here, I have to wait for one of the "importers" to come around our building. We get a good deal, 3 sets for $100. Much cheaper than buying other scrubs seperately at the scrub stores.
- 0Mar 25, '13 by wannabecnlNot a brand, just a rant. WHY don't hospital-issue surgical scrubs have the nice side-leg pocket that we had in our student Cherokee scrubs??? I could wear my own in PACU, but it's more convenient and cost-effective (and ostensibly more sanitary) to wear the surgical scrubs. Thus I have to keep my Kelly clamps, scissors, and calipers in my back pocket under the hem of the top and fish around in there to reach them (not to mention practically dropping them into the toilet on numerous occasions). Wah, wah, wah...
- 1Mar 25, '13 by prmenrsI liked Cherokee, Tafford, and Landau. I like a pastel print w/coordinating pants. I worked in NICU and didn't like really splashy loud patterns--too overstimulating for the babies, imo. I also had assorted holiday print tops--made for a little variety.
The 1st time I retired, I had ~ 30 tops, 15 pants. I got rid of most of them, went back to work and acquired 20 more tops and pants. The 2nd time I retired, I got rid of ALL of them!!!
One nurse I know made a quilt out of hers when she retired. I thought that was a great idea.
- 0Mar 27, '13 by dougjiroI really appreciate 5.11 brand. They are sold to police but work great as scrub bottoms because 1) Teflon coated 2) tons of pockets - special cell phone pocket 3) belt loops so my pants don't end up around my ankles at shift end. You can find them on eBay new/usedLast edit by dougjiro on Mar 27, '13
- 0Mar 27, '13 by SD1911FanAviator Scrubs are my favorite hands down. I have worn Koi for Men and they are ok, but the Aviator's are purpose built for Trauma. The tops have pen pockets on the Left Sleeve and the pants can store half the supply room in them. I am never at a shortage for an IV start kit or 10ml flushes or what have you.
- 0Mar 27, '13 by theantichick, BSN, RNAviators are my favorite... though I've never figured out what the heck to do with the ankle pockets - I'll specify to leave them off with my next order.
I also very much like the Cherokee Flexible tops, just wish they had all the pockets of my Aviators.
Had to wear white top/teal pant for school, now have to wear solid royal blue so I can't pick patterns/colors but that's ok.