Be kind to nurses... we choose the size of your IVRegister Today!
This is a Image on Be kind to nurses... we choose the size of your IV in Nurses Rock, part of General Nursing ... Be kind to NURSES, We choose the size of your IV! Please feel free to share, like, tweet etc... :)...by brian Admin Dec 5, '12
Be kind to NURSES, We choose the size of your IV! Please feel free to share, like, tweet etc...
Of course this is a total joke, no, we don't endorse unnecessary pain.
We also shared this on our allnurses.com facebook page here:
Please share your comments below, please share any other funny nursing related sayings and we may create graphics to go along with them as well, this is funLast edit by brian on Dec 5, '12
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=800884©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,569 Views
- Dec 5, '12 by Esme12There is something to be said for punitive medicine....we also can choose the size of the foley.....
- Dec 5, '12 by neverbethesameI don't think this is funny at all. I get that it is meant to be humorous but it isn't.
- Dec 5, '12 by FlorenceNtheMachine"I was once voted the worst audience participant 'Cirque du Soleil' ever had."
- Dec 5, '12 by neurorn6I have a feeling that only a few of us, who have few years under our belts will really appreciate this. Sometimes you have to find humor in weird places. If you don't you will lose it. The stress we live under takes it's toll. My husband refuses to have dinner with me and my colleagues because of our dinner conversation. We ruin his appetite. LOL
- Dec 5, '12 by redhead_NURSE98!It's funny but I'm not sure it should be an endorsement for this site!
- Dec 5, '12 by nhnursieI think it is hilarious! I think that this IS the place for off color humor. Where else and who else gets it like the rest of us?
- Dec 5, '12 by nrsang97We choose the size of your IV, foley, NG, and we keep doctors from killing you. I think it is completely hilarious.
- Dec 5, '12 by samadams8Quote from Esme12There is something to be said for punitive medicine....we also can choose the size of the foley.....
Ouch and YIKES!
- Dec 5, '12 by samadams8Quote from neverbethesameI mean yea, it kind of undermines what we are supposed to be about. And so many folks are distraught over having to have blood draws or IVs or ABGs. It doesn't really help our cause. Personally, I hate to have to inflict any kind of discomfort on patients, kids, babies. I mean, I have done things b/c they needed to be done, but even after all these years, it still bothers me to be the one inflicting pain or discomfort.I don't think this is funny at all. I get that it is meant to be humorous but it isn't.
People used to say, "Oh. You'll get over it." No, more practice made me better; but I never really got over it. The only time when it doesn't bother me is if a person is sedated or something like that. I just always have to push past my feelings, b/c it's about getting what the patient needs. Most of us don't take pleasure in inflicting discomfort for treatment purposes. We just do it b/c we are there to help the patients.
So, yea, that kind of joke works against us. I agree with redhead. It probably shouldn't be something that the general public should see; b/c a lot of people won't take it as a joke.