Are you kidding? benedryl???Register Today!
- by virgojd Aug 25I am in the IPN program for fla. IPN says no benedryl. benedryl helps me on those nights I can't sleep. I never abuse it. I might take 5 in month. does it show up in the drug screens? I can't wait for these 5 yrs to pass..... so sick of this mess if got myself in.
- Aug 25 by sissiesmamaI know! It is crazy! My now hubby and I were in our state's program together. He requested permission to take Benadryl prn for allergies. His CM said no due to the sedative effects.
I was taking OTC Dramamine at the time I entered our state's monitoring program and did not ask about continuing - (I am NOT suggesting this was or is the right thing to do). I was never asked about it.
When I was in treatment the doc started me on Vistaril due to anxiety issues. I spoke with my addictionologist after d/c and he agreed I should stay on it.
Good luck to u - it is a LONG road!
- Aug 25 by OogieYou might try Melatonin for sleeping it works but I have to take it and then turn off all lights In about 30 min. works off Circadian rhythm. Never comes up on drug screen, no Benadryl hangover effect. I use OTC zyrtec for allergies. Other than that I scared of taking anything else.
- Aug 25 by virgojdthanks y'all!! I am going to try the melatonin!!
- Aug 28 by MeriwhenQuote from NevadaFighterValerian can show up on a UDS as a false positive for benzos. They can do a qual to suss out that it's an herbal and not a benzo...but that depends if the IPN is willing to take that step.Valerian works for me for nights when I can't sleep. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch!
Be careful with herbals though, especially if taking any other medications as they can interact.
You should talk with your doc about other sleep aids that would be IPN approved, as we can not give medical advice here nor can we recommend specific medications.
Best of luck.
- Aug 28 by virgojdI thought about that too.! thanks!
- Sep 26 by BamaRN2004So benadryl does shoe up or it doesn't?
- Sep 26 by ak2190I was pretty skeptical but Melatonin puts me right to sleep and I doubt if anyone cares enough to test you for it.
- Sep 26 by BamaRN2004Melatonin doesn't bc I take It just abt every night.