When the tools of recovery become weapons
- 1Apr 12, '08 by Becca608No, you aren't a bad mom. Just one who cares that has had enough of watching someone they love throw thier life away. Love may cover a multitude of sins, but at some point everyone has to grow up and accept responsibility for thier own wants and desires. You deserve a hug!
- 0Apr 12, '08 by llg GuideI'm sorry to read that things are not going well with your daughter, TazziRN.
Are YOU getting any counseling at the present? It might not be the right moment for family counseling with your daughter, but it sounds as if YOU could use some professional counseling to help you get through this. ... and it might give you some additional strength and strategy suggestions to help you help your work work through the problems she has within herself and with her relationship with you.
- 0Apr 12, '08 by canoeheadIt's clear to everyone else, though it might not be to you that her statement is just an excuse. Not any more substantial than the hot air she used to speak it. I'm sorry you are going through this. She definitely needs to have and use outside counselling before this will be over.
- 0Apr 12, '08 by TazziRNQuote from canoeheadit's clear to everyone else, though it might not be to you that her statement is just an excuse. not any more substantial than the hot air she used to speak it. i'm sorry you are going through this. she definitely needs to have and use outside counselling before this will be over.
i guess i left a tiny part out......i know it's an excuse, that there is no element of truth in it. problem is, she believes it. what hurts is that she sank low enough to use an excuse like that to get her way.
- 0Apr 24, '08 by dlsmooreAddiction is a disease, and a very powerful one. She obviously needs much more treatment and support, but you can't blame yourself.
All you can do now is pray that one day she will come to recovery on her on.
I have been there, and it is very difficult to understand, but it is a disease.
- 1Apr 25, '08 by cherm59Everything is expendable when we use. I have a couple of suggestions, Al-anon, realize you are powerless over her choices, AND KNOW you are a great Mom.....Great Mom's do not enable sick children to stay sick. Sounds like you to me! I had a Great Mom and I am clean and sober 6 years......Prayers going up for you and your family