Urine screens killing me!!!
- 0Dec 6, '11 by jmo1231Hello all, so this is the moment I have been waiting for after 3 urines I can return to work so I am told.....Finally 3 months later I get picked today to test....but 75.00 for one test. Are ya kidding me what could they possibly be testing for? Option 1 is 75.00 whatever that means Ughhhh....Does anyone out there feel the expense is too much? I hate to complain but without a job this will be very expensive...Also my DOC was alcohol it cant be that expensive to monitor ....I swear all of our urines are used for experiments LOL !
- 2Dec 7, '11 by CVICURN2003It's a consequence to my behavior and is accountability for me. I have to pay $45.00-$65.00 each test and we are tested 24 times a year. It is high, but I paid as much or more for my DOC. I am also looking for my first job after treatment. Good Luck.
- 0Dec 7, '11 by backtoworkI never imagined when they called urine "liquid gold" in renal ICU..how true that was!! lol. I hear ya JMO..right, wrong, or indifferent..there is a bunch of money to made off the us addicts. But as CVICURN2003 said..we bought the ticket..now we have to take the boat ride..hang in there JMO, I am going to cheer when you get this job.
- 0Dec 7, '11 by nowim cleanKilling you ? Really? I get tested every month at least once sometimes twice a month, have spent over 1000 in urine tests this year. And you think 3 tests are bad. lol. Oh my DOC was also alcohol. I think that is one reason AA is good for me I can see others going through the same thing. Be glad you are alive. Good luck in your future.
- 0Dec 7, '11 by jmo1231Thanks everyone for keeping me sane and reminding me its consequences to my actions that I have to endure .... I like the liquid gold simile[ Back to work ]! Hopefully this job will work out and they will wait for me ! To [Nowim clean] wow 1000 dollars so far in urine tests Ouch! Hang in I hope you are working ? Thanks all for your support and reading my post!
- 0Dec 7, '11 by EDPHRNIm in PA. Have to do random urine drug tests 2-3 times a month monday through friday with daily check in's. Completed Drug rehab! Completed a 12 step program! Sponsoring two others at this time... still going to three meetings a week... Been clean for 6 months...
Had to go to a "state approved" drug rehab... (which sucked... pretty obvious all they cared about was their ability to bill me)
State cleared me to return to work in october.. With an incredible amount of stipulations attached. No ER< ICU< CCU< PCU< OR< CATH LAB< AGENCY< CANT BE A SUPERVISOR< NO HOME HEALTH< NEED TO BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES< MONTHLY REPORTS< MANDATORY REPORTING TO ALL EMPLOYERS< NO TEACHING< NO NIGHTS
Have been turned down for 2 jobs so far...
BON suggested I get a job in rehab or any position that does not involve giving narcotics..... They also state that it is mandatory that I work as a nurse for 6 months with a narcotic restriction, and then another 6 months without a narcotic restriction... before I can go back to an ER... Those restrictions don't start until I get a job as a nurse.
So, I have to be employed as a RN before any clock starts for me...But I can't get a job. Even if I was offered a job, I can't work days...might have to leave mid shift to provide a urine test.
Can't work nights
Can't work evenings and go to meetings...
Oh... and by the way, I am a recovered addict. (used opiate/benzo wastes for 2-3 months at night)
Just frustrating... Can not believe how foolish I was... much better now! Learned a great deal... But there is not going to be any chance to prove myself again... at least for the next three years. Yes! Could have been much worse. I have head a lot of stories and seen a lot of broken people. I am thankful! But I am also eager to try again!~