She's Getting It!!!!! Ome, She's Getting It!!!!!!!!Register Today!
- by TazziRN Feb 26, '08......Last edit by TazziRN on Aug 12, '08
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=284823©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 27, '08 by TCRNCOB61>>>coulda knocked me over with a feather!! i asked her what happened, and there was a guy who is having trouble with spirituality too, and someone else said "i did too, until i went to the beach one day. i figured that if there is no god, then i can stop the waves. i can't stop the waves."<<<
that hit me like a ton of bricks!! i still struggle some days with god and my spirituality. i have alittle more than 2 years clean this time and am finely "getting it" with the help of my sponcer and working the steps.
thanks for sharing that.
- Feb 27, '08 by sissiesmamaQuote from tazzirnhey, tazzy! just wanted to say my hubbie and i are praying every dat for your whole family, especially you and your dd. she will thank you one day, and you are saving her life, whether or not she believes it oe not right now! pm me is you need to vent.dd has one four days in treatment. she is a self-proclaimed atheist of several years. i hoped that she would absorb the sprituality of recovery and start believing in a higher power, but i expected it to be a while before that happened.
tonight she came home and said "i asked steve (bf) to take me to church."
coulda knocked me over with a feather!! i asked her what happened, and there was a guy who is having trouble with spirituality too, and someone else said "i did too, until i went to the beach one day. i figured that if there is no god, then i can stop the waves. i can't stop the waves."
it breaks my heart that my baby is an addict-alcoholic, but i am so grateful she's found her way into bill's rooms!!!!!!
peace, anne, rnc:bowingpur
- Feb 28, '08 by lpnstudentin2010I am so happy for your family Tazzi. She is on the road to recovery I think.
- Mar 2, '08 by ElvishWow, Taz, what a great insight and story. Prayers and peace to your family.
- Mar 5, '08 by inspireAfter 911, our church had a question/answer service. Someone asked why do bad things happen to good people. The (Lutheran) pastor replied that it is God's way of getting your attention that you need him. He wants you to lean on Him & have faith to help you through. Maybe, your daughter was lead into these problems, and He was waiting for her to find Him. God's blessings to you and your family.