My name is Tazzi, I am the mother of an alcoholic-addictRegister Today!
- by TazziRN Feb 17, '08..........Last edit by TazziRN on Aug 12, '08
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=282723©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 17, '08 by SaderNurse05My prayers are with you and your family. I am proud of you for making a very difficult decision and seeing it through. Hopefully she will get the help she needs.
- Feb 17, '08 by Hospice Nurse LPN((Tazzi)) Thank you for sharing your story. My heart truly goes out to you. I am also in recovery and the hardest thing I've ever had to do is watch my 23 y/o son follow my (bad) example. He is still practicing his addictions and I know that there is nothing else I can do for him but pray. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter, and your entire family.
- Feb 17, '08 by inspireI give you credit for what you did. My mother is an emotional mess right now because of some family issues. She has been an alcoholic for 20+ years, and over the last 10 years addicted to rx drugs. My sister and I are considering doing an intervention too. Good luck and I will say a prayer.
- Feb 17, '08 by JolieMy very best to you, DD, and your entire family.
- Feb 17, '08 by leslie :-Dwow, tazz...
the blessing is, it sounds like she wants help.
she will soon realize everyone who is pulling for her.
that, and God, are the greatest supports of all.
my prayers are with you and yours.:redpinkhe
- Feb 17, '08 by HM2VikingRNLots of people pullimg for you and your family....
- Feb 17, '08 by CHATSDALEshe has someone who knows what she is going thru and will be there to support her
- Feb 18, '08 by Silverdragon102Sorry you are going through this but I am sure your daughter really appreciates this although probably doesn't feel like it at the moment
- Feb 18, '08 by tencat(((Tazzi))) :icon_hug: