Florida impared nurse program - Page 2Register Today!
- Also I am not on any RX meds and do not do any recreational drugs at all Only thing I take is occasional OTC meds
- Jul 26, '12 by Emilynn09Quote from lavalamprnSomething doesn't sound right. So you're tired, that's why you fell asleep- and patient's complain. I've had people complain about me before and no one wanted to report me to the board. Heck, I've even done REALLY dumb stuff and forgot a MD order and I was never reported to the board. No one ever thought I had psych issues. Nurses aren't perfect, and as long as you haven't put anyone in danger, I think you are fine. Something sounds a bit strange about this to me.Well lol that was my question as well Apparenly IPN also evals and treats for mental and physical issues. Due to the fact that I dosed off at work, had a previous drug screen (negative) and some patient complaints they want me to be evaluated for underlying issues
I do have some stress or occasional depression like everyone else but that didnt come into play in these situations. I didnt realize how tired I was (it was 2hrs before end of 12 hr shift )
They are saying that falling asleep in the middle of the day is suspicious, which I get. I actually voluntered to take the drug screen
- Jul 26, '12 by Emilynn09Quote from lavalamprnWelcome to my daily life. Patient care takes more importance than charting. How many nurses have had to stay after shift from time to time to finish up charting. This is not so unusual...Oh and the other conplaint was that my charting was behind
- Jul 26, '12 by Esme12as per the terms of service we cannot offer legal advice. i would however seek legal assistance before you do any reporting to anyone. some states have seeking treatment as mandated reportable to the bon. if you have malpractice insurance i suggest you call them for they will also provide legal assistance/advice for licensure issues. another reason top be sure to have malpractice insurance....you just never know. i would also call you states bar association to seek the advice of an attorney that specializes in licensure issues.......there is always someone will to do pro-bono work.
- Yeh tell me about it, there are times we just cannot chart on time IDK I guess evertthing combined....?
I always thought that IPN was for some type or ETOH ro drug issue, they say they eval for medical issues - I think because some people are taking prescribed meds for medical reasons. The IPN website says that they mental issues is also a reason, but depression for instance, how many 1000's of nurses have some depression or are on depression meds?
I am wondering if anyone has heard on being put into the IPN program if you dont have a substance abuse issue
- Thanks to all that are replying, I am really at a loss here
- Jul 26, '12 by diva rnJust a note....it is not the Florida impared nurse program.....the actual name is the Florida "Intervention Project for Nurses"
- Jul 26, '12 by Ruas61Why do you have to self report?
They terminated you, correct?
If what you write about being drug frree is correct and truthful, it sounds like you are being railroaded.
Or am I missing something here?
- They are saying there is some kind of problem, and that I need to admit to the problem, even there is a medical problem underlying why I dozed off, that they dont just drug just for no reason
but I thought IPN was only for people substance abuse issues of some sort
- Oh thanks for the correction :-)