failed drug test by First Lab - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 17, '10 by luvchewho's the wise-a** who asked jack to elabortate?
- Nov 17, '10 by luvcheand, BTW..I know a diabetic peer RN in our program who is diabetic. She occasionally has alcohol in urine. So after that mess, they ordered her to do a breathalizer at the time of providing urine....at her expense.
Our peer does not do EtG. As far as I know, they actually moved to have it removed from the body fluid tesing protocal years ago.
- Mar 20, '12 by wvchickI am in the same sort of situation in west virginia, i would rather smoke a little weed than pop a perc and get addictied to oxy, i was in a serious car accident and have metal throughout my pelvic area and severe arthtitis, now i am freaking out thinking im going to loose my license and i would never go to work high!!!! anyone know what happens in WV
- Mar 21, '12 by BostonTerrierLoverRNJust needed to add that if you are diabetic, the sugar in your urine can produce alcohol through fermintation if they were too slow running your lab. It can happen for non-dm reasons if you are spilling sugar into your urine.
PLUS, contact a lawyer and don't depend on allnurses for a matter this important, SEEK LEGAL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Mar 22, '12 by diva rnI don't believe the state of WV has an alternative/monitoring program....it just goes directly to the state BON.
It's your decision to smoke and risk having to be tested. THC as you know stays in for a long time. And if they test your hair, it would give a pretty good profile of how long you have been using.
I am also metal from the waist down...both hips and knees...and in chronic pain....and have had my own issues....now I just deal with it with NSAIDS....not great but it's all I can do at this point in time.
- Mar 22, '12 by backtoworkAnyone who smokes pot with a license is insane. The BON does not differentiate between smoking "a little weed" and shooting heroin. It is all the same to them..an addict, is an addict, is an addict..that goes for ETOH too. Find a better way to deal with your pain..if not..there is about 6 hours of reading posts on this forum from folks like us who thought just a little "..." (fill in the blank)..wont hurt. We have hurt ourselves, our families and friends, and our careers with just this kind of thinking. Wise up now and save yourself a world a grief and pain that will surpass anything you have experienced before.
- Mar 23, '12 by jackstemThe WV BON just agreed to legislation that establishes an alternative to discipline program for nurses. Here's a link to the December issue of the WV nursing Newsletter.
West Virginia Nurse Edition 20
The legislation is on pages 9 and 10.
- Sep 2, '12 by Angiepants1What happened to your case? I just found out that I have a positive urine screen and I haven't knowingly consumed any drugs or alcohol.