Drug testing in nursing major/school/clinics/hospitalsRegister Today!
- by edgokubear Mar 4Sorry to bring up a subject that is highly speculated on the poster being viewed as an offender of substance. It is unfortunately true that I have done marijuana in the past and I fear that this action that once gave me relaxation in my high school years, will come back to haunt me and lose a proper career in a program I love. I have yet to take a drug test yet so I wouldn't know what it would be through. Could someone please tell me the details regarding the testing for drugs such as in either urine tests or hair samples. I have given up my use of substances already and I just hope that it doesn't end up to me wasting years of hard work to this point.
If someone could also tell me what I should do, that would be helpful. Please refrain from judging me cause of my actions, I really do hold regret for my past, yet it is also because of that same said substance that my life has been saved and I hope to make a better living for myself and hope to become a proper nurse in the future. Thank you for your time.
- 1,739 Views
- Mar 4 by Live.&.LearnIf your drug use is behind you, you most likely have nothing to worry about. Many schools don't drug test and any that I have heard of use a urine test. I believe that if you haven't smoked in 30 days than you should be fine. I just wanted to add, even if your school doesn't drug test, mine doesn't and I have two friends in two different programs and none of those three programs do, however, that does not mean you are in the clear for continuing to use. If there was ever a situation at clinical or something like that you could end up facing a drug test, unannounced, so I wouldn't take that chance. I was a smoker for years, but when I started my pre-req's I gave it up, I really just couldn't focus 100% and knew that one day I would be going into a nursing program and was happy to close that chapter of my life...best of luck to you
- Mar 4 by StephalumpGoogle is a convenient source for information on things like drug testing.
- Mar 4 by AlisonisayoshiMarijuana 3-5 but up to 7 years in hair. 30 days after heavy use in urine as little a 7 days after light use. Before I pursued nursing I was the HR coordinator for table games at a casino. A lot of dealers smoke so I got familiar with the test parameters for pot. I think, as long as you are no longer actively smoking you have little to worry about.
- Mar 4 by eatmysoxRNI doubt many places would put out the money for hair follicle testing. Urine is dependent on many factors but assuming you've been clean atleast a month you should be good. If you're worried then buy a home drug test and see what it shows.
Don't spend your time around the ones you smoked with. Peer pressure shouldn't be the cause of you failing a drug test.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~