Does anyone know if HR can trump the DON and nurse managers decision to hire?Register Today!
- by wenman81 Sep 24So, I interviewed twice and don and nurse managers loved me. They were both ok with my board order and stips. Offered me the job. Then HR calls today to set everything up. He said pending background and license check etc and set me up for my health assessment. He didn't know about my board order as he hadn't even checked on my license. I told him it was stipulated and asked if that was a problem. He said he has to go to employee relations to find out. So sad. Such a mess. Anyone know if they
Can trump the don and managers decision to give me a chance?
- Sep 24 by Life lessonsBreath. Just keep doing what you're doing. I don't think HR really has any business knowing about your stips (unless there is a criminal conviction on your background). It's really up to the DON if they can work with it. And if they said it's no problem you should be good. I went through the process twice!
- Sep 24 by wenman81Yeah but problem is my stips and board order are attached to my license on the website. It's for all to see. It's very scathing language. But I know, I need to calm down. I was just so elated that I got a job and now I feel defeated. Again. I'm sorry everyone. Just ignore me. :-(
- Sep 24 by MichelleRN34Quote from wenman81I understand your being scared.i felt the same way.Yeah but problem is my stips and board order are attached to my license on the website. It's for all to see. It's very scathing language. But I know, I need to calm down. I was just so elated that I got a job and now I feel defeated. Again. I'm sorry everyone. Just ignore me. :-(
- Sep 24 by Life lessonsMines all public too. I've been fortunate enough to find not one, but two DONs that were very understanding and supportive to give me an opportunity. I hope everything works out! Keep us updated.
- Sep 24 by sallyrnrrtsobriety since 1987, and it is still all public but it isnt what i do today and except for a very long 13hr day that was suppose to be 8, and my facility calls me 30min after I go to bed, and now I cant sleep, poooooooor mes that is all i worry about these days.......peace will come
- Sep 25 by Been there,done thatDepends on the health system . In mine, HR calls the shots on all types of hire, not just nurses with stipulations.
- Sep 25 by wenman81Hr just said no job.
- Sep 25 by wenman81Thanks Lisa. :.-(