**GET EXCITED SDC's!**Register Today!
This is a discussion on **GET EXCITED SDC's!** in Nurse Staff Development, part of Nursing Specialties ... I'm just wondering why there's not more stuff concerning staff development on this site!! I know...by NurseKimberley Mar 13, '02I'm just wondering why there's not more stuff concerning staff development on this site!! I know there's a lot of us, where are the rest of you hiding? Or are you just too tired to post (lol)? I would like to brainstorm with you!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=14934©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,873 Views
- May 7, '02 by lynniegirlHi KimmyLPN. I am Lynn. You said you would like to brainstorm with someone in Staff Development. I am also looking for someone to share info with.Last edit by Tweety on Aug 31, '06
- May 9, '02 by OHIORNMy name is Bev and I am the staff development nurse. I am in charge of all the regularly scheduled in-services, 1:1, and "hurry and in-service the nurses and aides on this, please!" I work in a 105 bed LTCF. I also do quite a few other jobs such as infection control, nurse aide training classes, etc. I have been in this position for about a year and a half and would love to share ideas, with others in the same position. Trying to make it FUN is the hardest job and I am always looking for new ideas. Let's get something going here and share ideas. Let's have some fun and share ideas!! Who else is out there??????? BEVLast edit by Tweety on Aug 31, '06
- May 9, '02 by NurseKimberleyWell Bev that sounds like what I do but we only have 32 beds (and a swing bed and tiny hospital attached)...I also do ADON duties as we're so small we don't have one...we never had an SDC before I came along...They just had to do it to keep the DON here longer than a month! Anyway, let's talk!
- May 10, '02 by OHIORNBecause I am the infection control nurse, I do a lot of in-serving about that. I have a little carry-tote thing that I have loaded with penny candy and index cards. When I have time, I just walk down the hall and of course, everyone wants candy. They have to draw a card and answer a question and then get candy. When we are anticipating survey, the aides are getting all nervous about what state will be asking them, so I do up lots of questions about abuse, fire, resident's rights, etc and include them. They are calmer knowing the answers (which are usually there anyway, but stuck in their heads when they get nervous. BEV
- May 10, '02 by NurseKimberleyoooh good ideas already....
- Aug 31, '06 by tacopereiraHello.
I am new to the Staff Development field. I have been working with psychiatry and corrections for the past 8 years. I just accepted a Staff Development Coordinator position this morning and now I am having some "jitters". I will do okay but have never been involved in staff development before. Do you have any ideas, suggestions or just plain old advice for a new comer? Thank you.
- Aug 31, '06 by fgoffHi! I work SD in psychiatry as well... but as a trainer ( I guess it is ok for me to reply) not the Coordinator... CONGRATS Best of Luck!!!
My advice learn your training budget fast....
Also if you are new to allnurses do a search. I've gotten alot of great resourse info from this thread as well as others
- Sep 6, '06 by Buttercup01Quote from NurseKimberleyI am new to SD so I could use someone to bounce ideas off of too. Let me know.I'm just wondering why there's not more stuff concerning staff development on this site!! I know there's a lot of us, where are the rest of you hiding? Or are you just too tired to post (lol)? I would like to brainstorm with you!
- Sep 28, '10 by RNReedHey fellow staff developers! I am somewhat new to this also and would love to brainstorm with you! As soon as I find something worth sharing, I will!