Charge Nurse OrientationRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Charge Nurse Orientation in Nurse Staff Development, part of Nursing Specialties ... I am currently an MSN student starting my masters project. I am working to develop a charge nurse...by jessicaleeweaver Jan 31I am currently an MSN student starting my masters project. I am working to develop a charge nurse orientation program. I am looking for what others are doing. Currently we provide OTJ training for new charge nurses, with no formal risk management, conflict resolution, etc… education. I have researched several different topics, however not finding many facilities that provide this type of education or much research developed on the subject. I am just looking for feedback from others in the field.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812588©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,412 Views
- Feb 10 by Ivana RN-BCWe provide leadership classes, annual competencies and a formal orientation with the preceptor.
- Feb 10 by jessicaleeweaverWould you be willing to share the type of content included in your leadership classes or the competencies. I will provided a personal contact if you would be willing to share information. I would appreciate any information you could offer. - Jessica
- Feb 10 by suniWe also provide leadership classes. We also have criteria to be a charge nurse: must have worked on the unit for 2 years, no disciplinary action, role model etc.
- Feb 10 by sissiesmamaI would have been SO happy for some kind of training and education on conflict reolution before some of our nurses got thrown to the wolves, so to speak. Some of the newer RNs as soon as they passed boards they got thrown into the position. I always dreaded the shifts when I was in charge.
- Feb 10 by Ivana RN-BC@suni: I tried messaging you back, but your inbox is full.