Seeking California LicenseRegister Today!
- by dlcarlton Feb 16I graduated from an accredited Canadian school partnered with a Caribbean school. CA BON has denied my request to sit for the NCLEX. Instead I applied to CO BON and they granted me an AT&T number to sit for the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX and passed. I am currently an Colorado RN. Is there any way to get a California license now?
- 497 Views
- Feb 17 by TheCommuterHello! We moved your post to the Nurse Registration forum where your question can be answered by members who are knowledgeable regarding issues with IENs (internationally educated nurses) and licensing in the U.S.
- Feb 17 by Silverdragon102The process with CA is generally the same so if they declined you once the likelihood is will be the same if trying to endorse a license
- Feb 17 by dlcarltonI don't understand how an applicant can pass their competency test (NCLEX), a nationally recognized test and not give acceptance. It seems to me, if they were to separate themselves from other state standards, they would find a new test to measure competency.
Is there a way to appeal or challenge their decision if I am not accepted?
- Feb 17 by Silverdragon102I doubt it, CA is well know for not accepting courses like excelsior and some countries training. At the end of the day it is expected that your training meets the state training and even among states training will differ