requirements in ny to take NCLEX..
- 0May 31, '12 by darleashcan somebody help me about this.. what are the requirements to take nclex here in NY?
- 0May 31, '12 by michigansapphirenys nursing:license requirements
to qualify to take either the nclex-rn examination or the nclex-pn examination, you must:
- submit an application for licensure (form 1) and the $143 licensure and first registration fee to the new york state education department.
- ask your school to verify your education directly to the new york state education department on form 2 (new york state programs completed prior to 4/1/98 or other u.s. programs), or form 2af (for graduates who are applying for an lpn license based on completion of equivalent education in a program conducted by the u.s. armed forces) or have your educational credentials verified by cgfns (non-u.s. programs).
- register directly with pearson vue to take the nclex examination. to register for the examination, you will need the program code for your nursing education program that is listed in the nclex candidate bulletin. the nclex candidate bulletin and additional information regarding the examination are available on the web at www.vue.com/nclex or ncsbn.org/nclex.htm . you may register for the examination online at www.vue.com/nclex or by calling pearson vue at 1-866-496-2539*
- 0May 31, '12 by darleashQuote from michigansapphire[URL="http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/nursing.htm#exam"]NYS Nursing:License Requirements
As the note at the bottom indicates, the exact process will depend on where you went to nursing school.
thanks for the info.. i was thinking about the processing time..i know for sure it will take months-yrs for that application alone, i live here in NY, but i am a foreign grad nurse, no experience at all.. i was thinking of pursuing my nursing career after a long long time, i was thinking in applying in vermont for licensure and if i passed, just apply for a reciprocity to ny (that alone takes time too)..what are your thoughts?
i just really want some clarifications.. thanks..