Re-application to AHPRA and Bridging School problems
- 0Oct 16, '12 by yenRNHi. I got my AHPRA letter last June 25, 2012. I applied in La Trobe University, but I got my offer letter for June 2013. I e-mailed AHPRA for extension, but they did not allow me. Am I going to re-apply to AHPRA and wait until June? The 2013 intake in all schools are now full. What am I going to do?Last edit by yenRN on Oct 16, '12
- 2,875 Visits
- 0Oct 18, '12 by charmnioliQuote from yenRNHi! I also have the same situation. My Ahpra loe will expire July 16, 2013 and I am applying for June 2013 in La trobe. I emailed my AHPRA case officer for an extension and she said that I will be considered for an extension if I can show an offer letter from La trobe. So now, I'm still waiting for the offer letter. In what state did you register? VIC? Mine is in WA and I think they are more considerate for extensions there than in AHPRA VIC.Hi. I got my AHPRA letter last June 25, 2012. I applied in La Trobe University, but I got my offer letter for June 2013. I e-mailed AHPRA for extension, but they did not allow me. Am I going to re-apply to AHPRA and wait until June? The 2013 intake in all schools are now full. What am I going to do?
By the way, how long did you wait for the offer letter in La trobe?
- 0Oct 18, '12 by yenRNYup. I registered in VIC. La Trobe said that they would give me a slot if AHPRA would give me an extension until Sep 2013. Unfortunately, AHPRA did not allow me. It took me about 4 weeks before I received my offer letter from La Trobe. IDP did it for me.. Right now, I really don't know what to do.. Are you applying in other universities? I want to apply in Ballarat University, but I'm still completing my vaccines right now..
- 0Oct 22, '12 by charmnioliI'm still waiting for the notice from La Trobe for the extension because AHPRA said that they will give me an extension if I have an offer letter from LA trobe. AHPRA WA is more considerate in terms of extension. But in case i dont get an extension, I'm eyeing for CON in NSW and UNISA. I also forwarded my applications to them, but no offer letter yet up to now ;(
- 0Oct 24, '12 by 3739Hello,
I would like to ask for your update on LOE extension? I'm having a hard time asking my registration officer for an extension. My LOE will expire on March 20, 2013. But my class will end on April 4, 2013.
I emailed to AHPRA Victoria. Would it be reasonable to e-mail to WA?
I have my COE as well as waiting for my VISA already.
I'm so unhappy right now.
- 0Oct 24, '12 by yenRNI already asked for an extension to my registration officer in AHPRA VIC, but they did not allow me. Did you e-mail your registration officer? What did they say? You should tell them your situation so that they will understand..
I don't think if it's ok to e-mail WA because you got your LOE from VIC. But there's no harm in asking them.. We both really don't know what to do.. :c
- 0Oct 24, '12 by 3739I think AHPRA VIC is still the fastest way to go for an application. But something bothers me if I have to apply again, do I need to go to PRC and British Council for the documents? I have an original Certificate of Good Standing with me.
Thanks for the reply everyone. At least I don't get to be lonely with the situation.Last edit by 3739 on Oct 25, '12
- 0Nov 3, '12 by charmnioliI think you cant emial Ahpra WA as your loe is from Vic. I just forwarded my offer letter from la trobe last week and still waiting for my case officer's reply. Although she told me that i can be considered of an extension. I hope i receive one. i'm really desperate right now. my friends are flying to oz already and i'm left behind. ;(