Problem applying nclex in california - page 7
by jrmRN | 75,970 Views | 150 Comments
hello, i am an foreign graduate and an RN from philippines. i migrated here in california last nov 11 and was planning to take nclex here but when i submit all my requirements they told me that i am not eligible to take the nclex... Read More
- 0Oct 24, '12 by chullis12I just got accepted to the Nursing program at the University of Miami. I'd love to come back home to California once I have completed the program. Has anyone studied at the University of Miami and taken the NCLEX in California? I want to make sure U 0f M meets at the guidelines.
- 0Dec 1, '12 by mycko_g07Hello. my wife recently passed the NCLEX in nevada she graduated from the PI. we were thinking of endorsing her license here in CA. Has anyone been successful in endorsing their license recently. we dont want to waste our time and effort in doing so if we all end up getting denied. thanks. feedback will greatly be appreciated
- 0Dec 6, '12 by Theking04Hi guys. I am an NCLEX passer of New Mexico and graduated in the Philippines. I am wondering about my license if I can endorse it to CA or not? If ever I will still face the same problem about getting denied I am considering to move to New York. Does anyone know any problem/s on applying or endorsing to New York? I really need your comments/suggestions. Thanks
- 0Dec 7, '12 by Esme12, BSN, RN Senior ModeratorQuote from Theking04The simple answer is Yes. Every state in the US has different licensing requirements. You will have to comply with the requirements of the state you are applying. It doesn't matter where you went to school. There are schools in the US with concurrency issues and CA will not license them either.Hi guys. I am an NCLEX passer of New Mexico and graduated in the Philippines. I am wondering about my license if I can endorse it to CA or not? If ever I will still face the same problem about getting denied I am considering to move to New York. Does anyone know any problem/s on applying or endorsing to New York? I really need your comments/suggestions. Thanks
As posted by nrskaren ]Nursing Community for Nurses and Nursing Students "only those states that have explicit education requirements of concurrent theory and practicum will Philippine nurses have licensure issues.
Excelsior college new york nursing graduates have had same issue recently. see state board licensure requirements here]
These are states having concerns over concurrent theory and practicum, so i would look at other 37 states to obtain license:
- 0Dec 21, '12 by mikayjestherHi, I sent my application for NCLEX RN (CALIFORNIA) on Dec. 5, 2012. When do you guys think I will get the letter of eligibility? or that denied letter all of you are talking about? hahahaha.
This is what I sent to them:
1 CHECK OF $150, MADE PAYABLE TO THE BOARD OF REGISTERED NURSING.
2. NCLEX APPLICATION FOR LICENSURE BY EXAMINATION WITH 2”X 2” PASSPORT-TYPE PHOTOGRAPH ON THE RIGHT BOTTOM SIDE OF THE PAGE.
3. COPY OF MY OLD PASSPORT - TO SEE THE DATES 4 YEARS I WAS IN THE PHILIPPINES
4. COPY OF MY NEW PASSPORT
5. COPY OF MY RE-ENTRY PERMIT
6. COPY OF MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
7. COPY OF MY GREENCARD
8. COPY OF MY PRC LICENSE CARD
9. COPY OF CERTIFICATE OF GRADUATION
10. COPY OF REQUEST FOR TRANSCRIPT
11. COPY OF BREAKDOWN OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM FOR INTERNATION NURSING PROGRAMS
12. LETTER ABOUT NCM102&104 FROM SCHOOL
13. COPY OF TRANSCRIPT
14. COPY OF SUMMARY OF RELATED LEARNING EXPERIENCES
15. COPIES OF MY CASES (ALL CASES ARE CONCURRENT WITH THEORIES AND MORE THAN 6-7 CASES EACH AREA)
16.COPY OF MY RLE >>> THE WHOLE BOOK, EVEN BLANK PAGES, EVERYTHING!!!
THE ONLY THING THAT IS MISSING IS THE ACADEMIC CALENDAR ( MY REGISTRATION CARDS). UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T HAVE THEM ANYMORE. SO DO YOU THINK I WOULD GET THE ELIGIBILITY?????????